Can you and how would you extracted mites infested material

Don’t get me wrong it is a bitch and probably the #1 pest for me since I started growing cannabis. Broad mites are the toughest pest I’ve had to get rid of tho.

3 Likes

Shouldnt these mold spores get filtered out with Celite 545?

4 Likes

How do they test for mold in extracts?

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure they use a micro scope and look for spores and structure of PM, I’ll ask my lab guy next time I see him
Edit:

They use cfu

2 Likes

From what i understand pm spores range from 3um to 11um. So if you filtering below that you should be fine.

7 Likes

Pretty sure the spores would be killer/sterilized by either the solvent or the extract, am I wrong?

Killed*

What I’m finding is saying spores for pm range from .001” to .003” so you’d be covered with anything smaller than 25 micron

is this post process testing ? i thought CFU could only be used with plant materials taken from a swab of live colonies or spores? I know fungal spores are highly resistant but shouldn’t they still be killed by solvents ?

This was from one of my concentrates that’s been tested for state compliance, so I’m not quite sure the answer to your question, this is just how my lab does it, which I assume is state standard

2 Likes

Had to look up cfu, colony-forming unit

1 Like

If they are there, the mycotoxins will be. PM SPORES can be stopped by 1 micron or smaller.

5 Likes

Botch will get extracted and you will notice if there was a good amount. That will absolutely bring the mycotoxins with. Guaranteed 100%. 0/10 won’t smoke that hash.

You could turn it into diamonds and clean them. That would be good.

3 Likes

I understand.i worded weirdly sorry. I wanted to differentiate between tested plant material and tested concentrates. For example, pre-processed plant material would testing for more salmonella and ecoli CFU because more live colonies are available. but would be killed in the presence of alcohols . but looks like many spores survived. And after some reading

Blockquote Erysiphe sp./Oidium sp.

Ascomycetes. Anamorph (asexual state): Oidium.

Erysiphe species are plant pathogens, one of the genera causing powdery mildews. Erysiphe is very common and is an obligate parasite on leaves, stems, flowers, and fruits of living higher plants. No information is available regarding health effects or toxicity. Allergenicity has not been studied. The asexual phase Oidium may be identified in air on spore trap samples, (spores have distinctive morphology), although because obligate parasites cannot grow on non living environmental surfaces, our laboratory does not include Erysiphe on our spore trap report form. The asexual spores are also seen in dust as part of the normal influx of outdoor microbial particles.

Blockquote

2 Likes

As far as it being Systematic I agree it isn’t. As a fungal spore it can travel via many more optimal means but in terms of the plant I figure it would spread via an interlaced network on the surface of the plant much like common .sure it can embed in the leaves for structural integrity but there are too many more efficient ways. here’s an example of the network. feel like this has all been mentioned if so sorry in advance

2 Likes

Tasted good tho lol

1 Like

Also I just thought of this. broadmites inject some sort of mite juice into plants eventually poisoning them to death. So his plants have whatever that mite juice is in it. Not sure if solvents will carry it or not.

3 Likes

Mite juice!! If the webs and buggies weren’t enough to gross me out. Now you tell n me them little bastards are blast n “mite juice” all over the place… awe man… yeah I am glad we set that shit on fire back then… no way I’d let that fly for my people… and worst part is… I have a buddy that I know he has a mite problem… and they smoking that flower…

2 Likes

I only know that broad mites inject their saliva which is toxic to the plants. Spider mites probly get some saliva in there but it seems they don’t actually poison the plants like broad mites do. I assume that cyclamem mites and russet mites also inject toxic saliva but I’m not sure.

2 Likes

I’ll put it this way, once you can confidently treat and kill broad mites, spider mites ain’t shit lol. I really have never worried about spider mites ever since I got broads.

4 Likes