Can we get some enforced rules/punishment up in here?

I feel a need to let you guys know. That this forum has been my only “social media” experience. It’s just that before I found future, I was sure intelligent people just didn’t add much to the internet in a way that is easy to access.
I believe we are at the peak of the Information Age here (hope I’m wrong) and I’m proud to be a part of it even if I usually only dumb the place down a little. Thank you.

21 Likes

So many of us feel the same way bro. Many of the forum members I speak with regularly see this as one of the best things to come to the cannabis community, ever

24 Likes

While they are typing their stupid question, the site is answering it on the display box to the right. The search bar is filled with people asking the same questions over and over making it harder and harder to find necessary info.

Some gems and tricks of the trade then get buried by the same shit over and over.

Research gate is for academics. This sites spoon phenomenon is acedemics/enthusiasts yelling at lazy while greedy businesspeople.

7 Likes

You make some solid points!

I see what you guys are saying. The comparison to research gate probably isn’t fair. I just made that comparison because sometimes the level of scientific discussion on here is similar to whats going on there.

I stand corrected. I’m convinced that the :spoon: is an appropriate response in some cases.

7 Likes

The smart greedy people will provoke innovators here that never been to jail. The provoke threads drop truckloads of nuggets from innovators defending themselves from basically nothing.

Sometimes provoke threads will cause drama. The drama is just necessary, because the provocateurs know drama is just a byproduct of the ego. The ego keeps the branches of the knowledge tree heavy and the fruit very low.

Honestly, this site is perfect, as long as you dont buy anything with only a couple reviews

16 Likes

You know another odd thing that could be improved is the ignore function itself. You can only ignore someone for up to four months. Why isn’t there an option to permanently ignore someone?

1 Like

Because time heals everything

8 Likes

Time does not heal stupidity. You can’t fix stupid

7 Likes

Hahahahahahahaha

1 Like

depends on how far you’re willing to go…

5 Likes

That’s a limitation of discourse, the platform this forum is based on

1 Like

Instead of a place like instagram where you and instagram get to control what shows up on your posts, we are a public forum where anyone and everyone can contribute. It is much harder and less logical to try and hide a single user. If the person is posting off topic then there post should be moved to the off topic category (Echo Chamber or Ground Up)

We share this place and have to work together to make it the best place possible.
On that note, wikijane.com is getting some love, and will be a place with all data and little to no discussion.

4 Likes

Each post has a place to live, just a matter of getting it there.

Sadly, the REAL good Fl stories rarely make public forums. Spend a few hours with the ol’ cocaine cowboys of SFl and their stories are truly mind blowing. As in ALMOST unbelievable. Yet you’ll hear the same story from the different people involved and they validate one another.

1 Like

Growing up…or…spending time in institutions…i read almost all of Carl Hiaasens books. Fictional books…But you know there’s some truth in fiction…wild ass stories down there. I spent a good chunk of years in Louisiana and knew a few Florida boys. Y’all wild.

1 Like

Hmmmm. Give me a bit to think about this one. Not sure who is crazier. I grew up on commercial fishing boats. Never have I seen so much crack and meth smoked nor have I seen literal sea hags as I have on Louisiana ported boats. I guess they are just different types of crazy

1 Like

Louisiana is rough my man. If you can believe it…i went there to stay sober…get off heroin, cocaine, booze and Xanax. Surprisingly it worked. Drugs, crime and poverty were rampant though, so the boats being a shit show doesn’t surprise me.

1 Like

That is a secret not a lot of people know about lmao depending on the port it can range from prescription pills to uppers. Not a lot of people know how much work it’s into providing seafood from the marshlands or the GOM. I grew up around these coonasses and they are the most authentic people you will meet. They call it how they say it and have no filter. They do drugs but at the same time they look out for each other. They take matters into there own hands bc places such as “the end of the world” have no cops.

Crime isn’t as bad people think but in NOLA they have only certain wards that make crime as high as it is. the East, projects, and once upon the lower 9th is where the shit show is happening. Crazy story, the bloods and crips tried to set up shop after Katrina. They were found dead and holding hands but had a railroad spike driven in it. These are the parts of town to never go by unless you have permission or a guide. you won’t make it out alive. the cops don’t even go to some of the areas.

If you want a good show to pass time check out the pharmacist on netflix. This is corruption at its finest. This is also my parish.

3 Likes

Damn man. Was going to respond to the last post, but got distracted. Response would have been something similar. Sad how a whole portion of America have been left to waste away. A lot of crime is inversely proportionate to education and opportunity. Awesome people through and through w the ‘culture’ America supposedly lack. Spending 30 days out dragging nets per run is more than I could handle as a lifetime sentence, that’s for sure. Would rather a back bayou Billy who willingly drinks PBR next to me when shit the fan over a hipster any day :ok_hand:t2:

Edit: gotta disagree on NOLA though. Fuck that place. There is some bad juju going on there. Too many spirits that wander those streets, and I’m not even into all that shit

Add an enail to that mix for ideal blast off