Can we get some enforced rules/punishment up in here?

Yeah, from my understanding of the new changes, shouldn’t they be at trust level 0 by now?

Should be banned.

End of story
End of problem

1 Like

It would be really sick if you could just ghost they ass out.

Make trust level 0 people’s posts only visible to themselves. They think they are still posting but everyone seems to be ignoring them.

You can just set everyone to ignore the trust level 0 group, and then the problem is solved without banning. The only issue would be their posts appearing again if they were ever promoted back to 1

6 Likes

There was an option for (us/mods on another platrorm), that allowed (us/mods) to make it to where it took 5mins or longer just for the post to show up and not be in “limbo”. The said user got frustrated waiting for the post to post in a thread, so they give up.

Shadow banning lol

1 Like

I eliminated all trust level 0 privileges. They can no longer post at all… We will see how that goes. FYI, it’s a 10 minute reading time investment to move up to TL1 (outside of being down regulated)

@sidco let’s monitor this change…

10 Likes

And or other trust level 0 people. Ever end up on the bad sports list on gtaV online?

3 Likes

trust level -1

1 Like

I feel a need to let you guys know. That this forum has been my only “social media” experience. It’s just that before I found future, I was sure intelligent people just didn’t add much to the internet in a way that is easy to access.
I believe we are at the peak of the Information Age here (hope I’m wrong) and I’m proud to be a part of it even if I usually only dumb the place down a little. Thank you.

21 Likes

So many of us feel the same way bro. Many of the forum members I speak with regularly see this as one of the best things to come to the cannabis community, ever

24 Likes

While they are typing their stupid question, the site is answering it on the display box to the right. The search bar is filled with people asking the same questions over and over making it harder and harder to find necessary info.

Some gems and tricks of the trade then get buried by the same shit over and over.

Research gate is for academics. This sites spoon phenomenon is acedemics/enthusiasts yelling at lazy while greedy businesspeople.

7 Likes

You make some solid points!

I see what you guys are saying. The comparison to research gate probably isn’t fair. I just made that comparison because sometimes the level of scientific discussion on here is similar to whats going on there.

I stand corrected. I’m convinced that the :spoon: is an appropriate response in some cases.

7 Likes

The smart greedy people will provoke innovators here that never been to jail. The provoke threads drop truckloads of nuggets from innovators defending themselves from basically nothing.

Sometimes provoke threads will cause drama. The drama is just necessary, because the provocateurs know drama is just a byproduct of the ego. The ego keeps the branches of the knowledge tree heavy and the fruit very low.

Honestly, this site is perfect, as long as you dont buy anything with only a couple reviews

16 Likes

You know another odd thing that could be improved is the ignore function itself. You can only ignore someone for up to four months. Why isn’t there an option to permanently ignore someone?

1 Like

Because time heals everything

8 Likes

Time does not heal stupidity. You can’t fix stupid

7 Likes

Hahahahahahahaha

1 Like

depends on how far you’re willing to go…

5 Likes

That’s a limitation of discourse, the platform this forum is based on

1 Like

Instead of a place like instagram where you and instagram get to control what shows up on your posts, we are a public forum where anyone and everyone can contribute. It is much harder and less logical to try and hide a single user. If the person is posting off topic then there post should be moved to the off topic category (Echo Chamber or Ground Up)

We share this place and have to work together to make it the best place possible.
On that note, wikijane.com is getting some love, and will be a place with all data and little to no discussion.

4 Likes