Can this cartridge kill me?

so a big mouth does pay off every once in a while?

2 Likes

Kek :pepekek:

1 Like

If that’s a regular cart you probably messed it up it by doing a dry hit. Usually doing that ruins the coil. It may still work but most likely will taste burnt.

2 Likes

You may be right. Interesting theory, but in the image from a link that @NewLevelProcess sent, and in the image above, the smoke is coming off of a wire. It the wire was tested at the factory, the residual material would have been vaporized?

Losing a lung :lungs: or my legs :leg: sounds pretty scary. Yes, Boyd St is why I wonder if heavy regulations on imports is necessary to protect our unknowing but loved cannabis community peeps.

Here is the video of smoke coming off of the virgin coil. It’s pretty much exactly like the one you referenced on IG. Even in the coil is primed and doesn’t get crazy hot with oil cooling, at the end of every cartridge ever consumed, people likely overheat coils to such heat while trying to vape the final few drops.

I tonight noticed in the video that a black ring forms around the top of ceramic, which shouldn’t be possible with ceramic, because holding the fire button down should clean ceramic, not make it dirty.

I have tried the cartridge with oil, and the temp was livable. Not oil cooled, at 3.7v, the coil hit 600f in under 5 seconds.

Actually they fill a drop of test juice ( usually PG or VG ) on the coil after the cartridges it disposable assembled. So And usually the test will be very very quick , test would stop immediately once they see vapor come out. there still might be residual .

Another way to test if the assembled cartridges or disposable work is test if it can reach the temperature properly,and no need to fill any testing oil.

2 Likes

The coil is probably primed with glycol like CCell Cartridges. It gives the perception of heavy initial hit and insures the first hit isn’t a dry one.

Smart howver, I wouldn’t call it ‘test’ juice when it happens on a mass production scale

1 Like

That’s why a temperature test is more safe then a real vapor test

1 Like

It appears we have stumbled upon the ‘smoking gun’.

“Non-cartridge heating methods of cannabis flower and concentrate were compared, and results indicate that the heating device itself is a source of metal contamination”

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.chemrestox.1c00230

3 Likes

Great find. Ty