Can this cartridge kill me?

I opened a virgin vape cartridge to see how it worked. When I hit the power button, a lungful of smoke came off a virgin coil. What could the smoke be? Cleaning solvents? Machine oil? Vitamin E Acetate? Are the current vape ‘heavy metal’ testing vape regulations enough? Can this smoke coming off of an unused cartridge harm me/others?

Flux should be on that list. No idea though, nobody can tell you from a photo.

3 Likes

Yes it can harm you. No smoke is good for lungs.
Welcome to the convenience of a vape, atomizers are metal vaporizing

5 Likes

How do they smell before filling? I have seen carts that smell like pine sol

Find a testing lab and let them figure it out. Speculation is speculation high tech machinery will get you answers.

1 Like

I was so shocked looking at the smoke that I wasn’t of the mind to catch a wiff. I tried one of the catridges with some live resin. The first hit did taste off, but I can’t articulate the flavor other that it tastes unusual.

1 Like

I think the cannabis testing labs are only looking for heavy metals in cartridges?

1 Like

I don’t know what flux is but it sounds fluxed-up to inhale. Thanks for enlightening.

2 Likes

Anything can kill you if you try hard enough :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

They test them for leaks with propylene. I’ve seen traces of it in some and when I asked the manufacturer that’s what they told me

4 Likes

Assuming you meant propylene glycol?

3 Likes

Flux is essentially what they core solder with. Hard to explain exactly what it is.

3 Likes

Yes I did my bad

2 Likes

You burnt the dry cotton over the ceramic coil

Not uncommon…the oil keeps this from happening

6 Likes

I am confused to what OP means tbh. Did he hit a cart on its first use and a giant ass puff of vapor came out in a quick burst instead of a small amount?

Someone explain what he means

1 Like

He dry fired a cart. There is cotton over the ceramic right

2 Likes

Oh

Yea that’ll happen. Tastes like AIDS when that happens lol.

1 Like

There was no cotton on it. It was removed.

I had more than one cart to sample. I took one apart to see the unique coil. After removing the cotton, I test-fired the coil at 3.7v. When I did, a stream of smoke came off it, so I took a wtf pic, because wtf. I am less confident about ceramic cartridges in general as a result. Maybe there is more to the Vape Crisis of 2019 than has been considered, as not taking all aspects of possibilities of cause may have been overlooked. Maybe the crisis wasn’t from Vitamin-E-Acetate? Maybe it was chemicals of another nature?

1 Like

No cotton

1 Like