Can this cartridge kill me?

Conservatively speaking, millions of carts hit the US black market that had vitEoAc in it. Was that a good choice? Absolutely not. On the same hand I do not believe that vitEoAc is the main reason. I’m saying this from my gut so I don’t have much evidence other than it doesn’t really make sense.

So, yes in my opinion bad hardware could be partially to blame. So could a bad batch of distillate, or someone thinking you can inhale a flavor that you shouldn’t put in distillate.

For example: https://www.miaminewtimes.com/marijuana/florida-cbd-company-accused-in-lawsuit-of-causing-womans-vaping-illness-11310563

What nearly killed this woman?

2 Likes

The crisis in my opinion was caused by heavy metals, suspicious ingredients in the carts, and possibly sketchy terpene additives depending on the company along with poor quality distillate and poor working conditions and people not caring. Vit E was a scapegoat, was barely used. Heavy metals + sketchy terpenes + sketchy distillate = trip to ER after a continued use.

So there is no cotton? Its an all ceramic?

I do not think millions of carts contained vit e. I think millions of carts in general at that time were made sketchily, but not millions with vit e. Too many people know that vit e is a bad additive. I personally think it was heavy metals and bad terpenes and poor distillate + any cuts that are present are the main issue. But vit e is not a main cut in my opinion. Same with no evidence other than gut feeling and what I’ve just learned over the years. I’ve spoken to 1 journalist about this a little bit and I educated him on sketchy legal/illegal practices and he provided me with his experience around the surface level cart market across multiple cities.

I know millions of carts went out with vitamin e because I lived in LA during that time. All of the shops couldn’t keep it in stock it was such a hot commodity. Distillate was $5-6/g at the time and every single person who was using it was using it under the guise it was safe - because they were selling it as a safe additive. I’m sure others can back me up. But acquaintances of mine pushing out 10k carts a week we’re using it and that’s a small operation considering dank and others were putting out nearly 100k a week.

Also retrospect is 20/20 - unless you lived in LA or even a legal state for that matter I don’t think your comments or opinions on the true nature of the cart game are valid; people thought cutting carts was bad period, but VitE was marketed as the healthy alternative to MCT and PG. Therefore all the MCT boys transitioned to VitE overnight because of it’s properties.

4 Likes

I saw a video on IG of a guy who took apart an empty vape cart. He exposed the coil and hit the button. Smoke started coming off the metal coil. He claimed that the coils had a plastic wrap on them and should have never been used for vape carts. Maybe something similar has happened here! I could t find the video, but will post it if I find it!

2 Likes

Yes, vitEoAc was hot in it’s moment. Honey Cut vitEoAc even had a presence at industry events. When vitEoAc was villianized, many in the market switched to squalene (shark liver oil) and phytol as dilutants. It’s all kinda scary, because humans will ingest anything they are told is safe.

I don’t believe vitEoAc was the true culprit, which brings us back to the smoke coming off of a coil, and many other possibilities.

There are a handful of vape hardware factories I trust to make safe(r) vapes, such as CCELL and First Union, because they have too much to lose by taking unhealthy (greed or ignorance based) shortcuts. I wish (for the benefit of consumers) that all dilutants will be regulated against.

Today, an EVALI movie came out. Haven’t watched it yet, but it looks interesting.

https://rtd.rt.com/films/evali-vapes-of-death/

1 Like

Yes, would love to see the video. For consumers (our brothers and sisters), it would be great to pinpoint the problems and solutions that could be applied across vape.

Can’t believe I found it. From over two years ago, not quite how I remembered it, but here it is…

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4DjujihIyI/?utm_medium=copy_link

1 Like

Wow, that was a deep find. The smoke trail and volume in the video were the same as my experience. Legal and black market brands were using VitEa. With respect to EVALI wasn’t as widespread as the use of Honey Cut, it leads me to believe that virgin coil-smoke may be the actual source of EVALI?

Lol you could get a box and cart and sticker off boyd street for like 1.20.

That puts the cart at nearly .50 a piece. That’s some nasty grade hardware. I see d8 brands doing this same shit now too. Reference that article I posted that caused the woman to lose her legs.

1 Like

The coil itself has been heated well beyond the normal operating temperature (which would be reduced by the energy transfer in heating the liquid to vapour normally).At this point the coil metals themselves heat and in some cases the metals release micro particulates of heavy metal compounds.

The air is also reacted with burned remnants of wicking material, which produces an acrid smoke. You can pull out the cotton but some fibers are going to stick to the coil and burn when you dry fire it.

Machine oil and oil from your hands can do it too

1 Like

I’m thinking u may be overheating a wire . The disty keeps it from reaching those temps ? That’s all I got left if there’s no cotton over the ceramic

I would say if that much smoke is coming off the coil at a higher temp than normal (don’t know that for sure and how much hotter??) it’s coming off when it is filled. I would love to see a video of a coil that doesn’t give off this mystery smoke!

1 Like

Could u test the mystery smoke then test s cart filled to see if the oil acts like oil cooler and keeps those components from getting so hot

fixed it

1 Like

No they’re not.

Not all atomizers are built the same. If y’all want I can go through it here but I walked @qma through the process we go through and the hardware shouldn’t be the issue.

EVALI was a combination of honey cutt(which was more than just vitamin e acetate, it had binders fillers and other constituents), shitty coils(which had lead and a mixture of other metals), shitty distillate(which has a bunch of bs as you all know), and was combined with kids smoking 1 gram a day. My atomizer is built of only ceramic and stainless steel, and the new ones quarts ceramic and stainless steel. They’re smooth, don’t make you cough.

Let’s stop the fear mongering. Vapes aren’t bad. I blew @qma and @ky_cbd ’s mind at MJ when I showed them everything and even introduced them to my supplier.

Make vapes great again. Call me trump I’ll be your president for the next 4 years.

4 Likes

There is a difference between fear-mongering and curiosity. What is the smoke that comes off of virgin coils? What proof can you offer that such smoke doesn’t come off of the coils you offer, President Trump?

1 Like

Not sure where did you get the cartridge.Some vape manufacturer may fill very few of test juice , usually PG or VG, and test if the cartridge or disposable work properly. This is of course not a good option for test. The vapor you see might be the residual juice ,Just my assumption, you can check with your vendor if they test their hardware like this.

4 Likes

Imo vit was a main cut In someplaces, mostly large cities who then shipped out to lord knows where. but it wasn’t the main issue in lung affects. Metals that leached into the cart are what caused people to nearly die or die, as we are not supposed to really touching or eating stuff like mercury, cadium, lead, arsenic, and whatever else is in the hardware, much less vaping it with already possibly dirty oil and possibly a vit e additive plus possibly sketchy terpenes.

I don’t think vit e is what hospitalized most or what is what killed most but it was still used commonly. I re thought a lot about the market over the past few years and read through here, this is my honest thoughts. I think vit e was still a scapegoat still compared to what ever other cuts were being used + ingredients. Vit e was only a small part

1 Like

This too is what I’m referring too

Not only do you have to worry about leaching metals which is just as bad as literal metal smoke, but you have to worry about the cut and terpenes and distillate…

Vit e was a fucking scapegoat just so people could shut the hell up about it

1 Like