Can i put butane back in diamonds

I accidentally let too much butane out when making the diamonds can I shoot more butane in the bottom of the Mason jar to rebuild pressure

Sure.

How are you going to achieve liquid rather than gas for this addition?

5 Likes

What i do is take my solvent tank and chill it then open my solvent tank liquid side with a male quick connect with nothing on it and use a Mason jar to catch the liquid butane, then ever so slowly I pour it into my Mason jar then reseal. It works , but it’s not perfect by any means. Gotta be quick cause it does evaporate as you’re moving. Be sure to do it outside or well ventilated room .

3 Likes

i always just wait to do it until i have a tank on ice for running my machine anyways. worse case i may have to add a little nitrogen pressure to the head space then just crack the valve and it comes out at a manageable rate. cool the jar prior to pouring butane in it and it will reduce the risk of it bubbling crazily when you pour it.

1 Like

Thanks you i tried it and i believe it was successful appreciate the chilled jsr advice

1 Like

So you didn’t have a plan for achieving liquid?

I advise familiarizing yourself with the physical properties for your solvent of choice.

Boiling point, MW, density, LEL…

Butane - Thermophysical Properties has many of those.

1 Like

You mean you shouldn’t just take a can from the gas station and open blast it straight into the jar to add more butane? Preferably on carpet?

For safety’s sake, please don’t do this. I’m kidding

1 Like

My butane tank has a downtube thats how i got liquid out

2 Likes

keeping your solvent well below its boiling point of zero degrees celsius was the answer I was fishing for.

same hint as

only more generally applicable.
not just to you, but to any of those reading along without ever signing in and asking questions.

if you’re familiar with this graphic and it’s implications for your process

then by all means ignore my suggestion that you were unaware of the boiling point of butane and it’s relevance to the task at hand, and consider it there for completeness for others less informed than yourself.

1 Like

good move. some don’t

sometimes it’s hard to tell without asking…

Any and all info is apprecitaed thank you for the chart can never go wrong with science.

1 Like

oh god, I wish that were true.

however, if you’ve got a testable hypothesis, and it’s wrong, you have at least learned something :wink:

2 Likes