Can a cmep run 1/2” or should I just go passive?

Lol good eye

2 Likes

Depending on what the finished product is going to be usually around 4lbs/lb

Nice catch on the kinked hose.
really obvious once you know it’s there.

Kinked hoses can also burst…

although we were running 600PSI ethanol when that happened, so it wasn’t quite as much of a heart stopper.

3 Likes

right now 30-40 pounds, with new system I will be using 100-120lbs per run

Stay 1/2" on your lines and if you look closely at how that picture was cut from its background you’ll notice that line likely isn’t pinched, it was just cut from its background oddly at that point.

3 Likes

You’re not going to get the full half inch throughput even with half inch lines on a normal CMEP OL, but I met with them at their factory and saw their new prototypes and they’re shipping out soon with 3/4 inch fittings that are full bore and not necked down, and the pump can use all the throughput no problem.

6 Likes

Now that sounds really interesting. I was really under the impression he was going to go passive instead which is why I recommended staying half inch, but that new cmep can utilize the full vapor path of a 3/4" line? Too bad they don’t come in a silent option.

4 Likes

Honestly I would love to switch to a passive system. I’m tired of listening to a pump and tbh I find the sounds of the tanks releasing and flowing soothing. Like rain on a roof. I’ve just never done operated a passive system before (at least not properly). So I didn’t want to dump a bunch of money in and then overlook something I don’t know about due to lack of experience with passive systems and then just having to dump extra money converting to 3/8” etc.

2 Likes

Passive is really fairly intuitive. Hot here, cold there.

There a few ways to get it done, adding crc requires finding a source of adequate pressure, also a few ways to do that.

The thing to remember is will you have adequate cooling and heating capacity to get the most out of it.

3 Likes

I believe that is a molecular sieve mounted on the rack not a crc if that’s what you are referring to

I don’t know why, probably the exhaustion, but I swore you said you were going to do crc eventually. My fault.

If it’s a desiccant tube on top what is the small tube mounted next to what looks like a coil reservoir?

1 Like

That’s the molecular sieve. I thought it was a crc at first too

Passive is easier equipment wise but technique wise it’s a little more unforgiving. It’s pretty simple. Sufficient heat to boil your solution, and then sufficient cooling to receive that vapor from the boil to condense it back into your tank.

These two things require a large amount of power also.

2 Likes

Will I lose pressure using 1/2” lines for injection?

Just power to run the chillers I assume you are referring to?

And the heater. I was using 10kw to power mine. Now i use on demand

1 Like

if I’m only using it for recovery and not dewax, is -20 cold enough?

Cold enough is a relative term… will it work… yes. How well is extremely variable.

2 Likes

The mol sieve is the desiccant tube is my point. Not sure what that is on top of your collection, maybe a heat exchanger of some sort.

It’s just a manifold to accept two material column outputs

2 Likes