Can a cmep run 1/2” or should I just go passive?

I think they’re actually 10mm. which is close enough to 3/8 if all you care about is solvent flow, but not if you’re trying to swap fittings on the pump :wink:

reasonably sure I got one in the door that came with 1/2" JIC adapters from the OEM.

Yes only the bottom of the collection is jacketed. Should I jacket the whole thing?

3 Likes

Yes, most definitely.

And passive all day. That cmep can’t keep up and the silence will be very soothing

10 Likes

for recovery. chiller depends on what you want to make, I use a -80c

1 Like

I was still planning on using dry ice slurry in the material columns so I could avoid having to get a -80 chiller. I will be making. Shatter and crude.

Do you use a chiller/heater? Or just a chiller?

Are you at home or a regulated facility?

I can show you how to make a chiller that you can get everything you need cold enough.

6 Likes

Will u show me @Dred_pirate?! What temp? bet all of us would love to learn dat!

4 Likes

pretty sure its the same chiller i use for my set up now… who needs that old trs21

1 Like

Yes please, show and tell! All the students are ready.

1 Like

I’m not in a regulated facility. If I can dream it I can do it. That being said. I’m somewhat limited for space so if it involves the use of a big freezer I may not have space for that.

3 Likes

I thought the system was larger then it is. Once i realized i said passive

How much solvent do you run per run

Lol good eye

2 Likes

Depending on what the finished product is going to be usually around 4lbs/lb

Nice catch on the kinked hose.
really obvious once you know it’s there.

Kinked hoses can also burst…

although we were running 600PSI ethanol when that happened, so it wasn’t quite as much of a heart stopper.

3 Likes

right now 30-40 pounds, with new system I will be using 100-120lbs per run

Stay 1/2" on your lines and if you look closely at how that picture was cut from its background you’ll notice that line likely isn’t pinched, it was just cut from its background oddly at that point.

3 Likes

You’re not going to get the full half inch throughput even with half inch lines on a normal CMEP OL, but I met with them at their factory and saw their new prototypes and they’re shipping out soon with 3/4 inch fittings that are full bore and not necked down, and the pump can use all the throughput no problem.

6 Likes