🚨 California is now enforcing CBD/hemp canna regulations and seizing hemp based CBD products from retail locations and processors 🚨

Our Cali partner lab just got raided- they are seizing everything hemp derived- I know some o y’all are still working with hemp derived CBD still in Cali but beware the crackdown is now fully in place.

10 Likes

Is this due to the latest farmer bill that passed

It’s due to California’s big marijuana companies influencing Cali laws who do not want industrial hemp to compete with their industry- this has been put in place for enforcement for months now and they’re finally cracking down.

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CEH/DFDCS/CDPH%20Document%20Library/FDB/FoodSafetyProgram/HEMP/Web%20template%20for%20FSS%20Rounded%20-%20Final.pdf

5 Likes

Sounds similar to the shit we are dealing with in Maine and CBD products

They just came in and literally swiped everything- raid style- reeeedickulous

3 Likes

They raided a shop or a lab?

They’re hitting both- lab got hit right after the retail space

EDIT: misinfo- lab has not been hit but likely will be

1 Like

Here’s what they told us:

“Today’s a bad day.

Not sure how hard I’m going to fall or if this is fatal. All CBD from all my Sacramento distributor clients has been confiscated by the State of CA on the grounds that CBD is a drug and can’t be added to products as an ingredient.

I am currently pulling all my inventory out of the warehouse because word is they are coming after the manufacturers also.
They came today to my Sacramento retail clients and collected the invoices, so they know who is making and selling the CBD products.”

My bad looks like they didn’t actually hit the lab but they will be shortly?- playing some telephone telephone here.

I just wanted to put a post up here ASAP so people would be aware of what’s incoming and potentially save themselves from being screwed over.

9 Likes

Why would they be raiding a lab? This pertains to food, no?

1 Like

Pertains to anyone working with hemp derived CBD

1 Like

So what do we do? Can we not do anything with CBD in California now???

I don’t read it that way.

What exactly was taken? Sounds like you are playing telephone here (as you stated as well).

I just linked an article that I thought pertained to it- they took every cbd product derived from hemp- big canna wants all cbd derived from marijuana.

I read the article.

“[A]lthough California currently allows the manufacturing and sales of cannabis products (including edibles), the use of industrial hemp as the source of CBD to be added to food products is prohibited. Until the FDA rules that industrial hemp-derived CBD oil and CBD products can be used as a food or California makes a determination that they are safe to use for human and animal consumption, CBD products are not an approved food, food ingredient, food additive, or dietary supplement.”

4 Likes

They’ve raided a few shops as well in Louisiana but theres only 2 vertically integrated licencees atm sounds like bullshit regardless

2 Likes

@Photon_noir check out this crazy thread!

1 Like

Going to be interesting to see how this all shakes out. This might add some clarity to the matter but who knows in California.

CVS has taken a firm stance:

3 Likes

This is great, recreational mmj and illegal cbd.
Wheres the logic in that?

17 Likes

My local movie rental store sells CBD products. They even advertise it on the marquee by the road.

8 Likes