🚨 California is now enforcing CBD/hemp canna regulations and seizing hemp based CBD products from retail locations and processors 🚨

What is a movie rental store??? Like blockbuster video???.. Have you guys not heard there is an invention called netflix and other place online to watch all the movies you want.

just joking bro…

16 Likes

California law says ANY cbd sold in CA MUST come from the track and trace system. I’m assuming they’re seizing cbd from out of state farmers that was not in track and trace. I remember when they passed this law last year sometime me and my friends were laughing because the BCC has enough shit to do without worrying about CBD -_-

Isnt industrial hemp production protected under federal law? I was told the States cant prevent you from growing it since it’s protected by the feds now.

9 Likes

The people that make arrests dont think that far they just say “tell it to the judge” and seize yo shit

9 Likes

I would imagine they don’t rent many DVD’s. :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

5 Likes

I warned about this on my IG.

2 Likes

Oh the good ole’ shady video stores, they are the best, back in the day i used to buy nickle sacks from the local video rental store before CA went legal, good times xD
they ended up getting shut down for selling harder stuff, no surprise

2 Likes

WOW!!! That’s crazy!!! They just opened 3 CBD only stores about 5 miles away from me. EVERYTHING is hemp derived… I just talked to one of the store owners the other day. They were definitely scared. They had about $3M in product at he 3 locations. They let “churches” stay open and sell illegal cannabis - but they won’t let a store stay open that sells Hemp derived CBD… Where’s the logic in that?

3 Likes

big pharma hates CBD with a fiery passion.

7 Likes

Big Marijuana hates hemp way more.

Pharma loves CBD- they hold all the patents.

6 Likes

there in lies the rub, you cant patent isolate.

none the less, some entities with power hate the idea of people being able to get medicine without spending a fortune on it, and going through their established networks.

just my 2 cents

3 Likes

Actually- isolate is the one thing that you really CAN patent.

2 Likes

You got it backwards- pharma parents isolated compounds- that’s the whole idea of pharmaceutical drug patents

2 Likes

you think so? lol that would suck if thats the case.

what an upside down world we live in if thats the case. i may be infringing on a patrnt for cbd. Theyll never be able to enforce that though, atleast I hope.

2 Likes

Why do you say that?

I’m going to get my mother on this forum and posting because all she does is follow and study canna law and patent law- she has a really thorough understanding of this

7 Likes

im talking out of my ass, im no legal expert lol

2 Likes

please do, we could all use some education here. atleast i could.

6 Likes

Canna law blog is a decent source. Harris Bricken is the firm I use because of their competence. I have the link on my IG.

I learned about California CBD laws a year and a half back. I also know about assertive the FDA can be having worked in the pharma industry. So I was perplexed when there was this huge hemp gold rush. No lawyer in their right mind would have green lighted these build outs in Cali until they had a working hemp program.

Ultimately Congress needs to let the FDA and states know what they mean how legalizing hemp affects CBD sales vis-a-vis interstate commerce. Contact your representative if you’re in the CBD game and help them figure this out.

5 Likes

The USDA regulates crop production and commerce of said crops. Unless you’re involved in a 7606 research program currently, you’re SOL with industrial hemp until the USDA federal regs or USDA approved State programs are in effect this fall for 2020.

6 Likes

yea ill talk to some of the contacts that have that have had a hand in forming legislation in louisiana and florida hopefully we can get ahead of this thing in the south before the rec market picks up

3 Likes