Cali banning vapes

Hypnotizing only works on like 1-3% the population though I’m pretty sure right

But I still smoke so of course I’m skeptic

@BG305. Just realized that sounded a lil rude, that’s badass for real. I didn’t mean that in any off way. I wish it would work on me.

3 Likes

So the first thing the Dr told me was that I had to want to quit smoking. He then went in to explain substance addiction and how the subconscious side is in the driver seat. So when you get high be it from jumping from an airplane, riding a street bike, smoking crack or whatever floats it for you. The hypothalamus gland releases a feel good reward for the body, dopamine(young niggas move that dope song comes to mind). Once this becomes a regular occurrence your subconscious believes it needs the dopamine or it will die. This is why hipnosis is used to be able to target the subconscious mind and treat the addiction. I left and never smoked another cigarette again but continued to chief for another 5yrs before I hung them gloves up.

4 Likes

The most current models on addiction revolve around the biopsychosocial model. There are biological, psychological, and sociological reasons addiction affects people differently. It is not one aspect but all three interacting in different ratios for each individual on the planet.

For the sake of not derailing this thread any more than it has been, I won’t elaborate too much, but I do want to say that telling people there are not genetic (disease related) reasons for addiction is a mistruth. It may not be the reason for everyone who suffers from addiction, but it often plays a major role for many, most especially for those with the most severe issues with addiction.

4 Likes

Pshhh…NA is for quitters :rofl:

But actually tho that’s an Amazing story.

@Akoyeh please go on. I’m learning.

firearm barrel material failure due to pencil profile chrome barrels

1 Like

This forum is the 4200 but for merica’

1 Like

Welcome to philly where it used to be crack viles and mini rose glass pipes. Why do people need to leave their habits all over the street?

2 Likes

Junkies are spoiled these days. When I was a kid you didn’t throw your used rig away…you cleaned it with bleach and sharpened it on a matchbox when it got too dull lol. God damn millennial junkies lol

5 Likes

@BrotanicalMatt, the biopsychosocial model can explain how two people can be hypnotized and both quit smoking with only one getting to really reap the benefits. Addiction exists in everyone. To what degree is based on the three parts of the model.

Genetic predisposition to addiction is a very real and well established fact, especially if the issues with addiction rest on the maternal side of the family. There are many aspects of addiction that manifest in disease-like ways. This is why treatment using disease model has some success. It is also why that model only has some success and does not work for everyone.

The belief that addiction is merely an issue of willpower is a sociological construct. Most of the sociological model on addiction stems from, imo, religious roots. One’s social interactions throught life play into one’s paradigm and have great effect on how likely one will be to ingest an intoxicant (or something else that may overstimulate one’s dopaminergic pathways). As with the aforementioned model, limited success is found, but it being forced down people’s throats only stigmatizes those who do not fit the model and require more assistance that the use of willpower alone.

One’s psychological state is based on a combination of genetics and sociological influences. It exists in a fluid state and can vacillate wildly. The resilience and willpower one carries are made up of a myriad of factors and can change based on how the social influences and interactions in one’s life play with their genetics. Traumatic events can trigger genetic markers and heavily influence one’s psychological state (at times beyond their ability to control).

There’s plenty of fun reads to be found and classes to be had if you want to know more about addiction. It’s a messy and complicated mess to dig through, but I had a good time while doing it. We could have years’ worth of discussion in another thread. I was a class away from my Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC 1) certificate when my educational trajectory took a turn.

2 Likes

This is interesting. Why is it so?

I read…alot. Shoot me some books. Thank you for explaining that! I had no idea. I was fed the bullshit AA/NA for my troubles in my past. Explains a whole different perspective.

2 Likes

hey it looks like home, blunt wraps and needles

Yea good luck with that shit.

Addiction isn’t a disease, you don’t catch that shit. Save that for the safe space reading material.

2 Likes

I know right? I’m addicted to drinking water, does that mean I have a disease?

1 Like

Probably caught it at a saftey meeting. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Access to harm reduction is key. Access to clean needles and safe injection spots is how millennial junkies become millennials in recovery.

And Needles go in sharps boxes if cities are smart enough to put them out

2 Likes

not sure if you’re being satirical (I think so)…but in the event you are serious:

• USA has the highest incidence of self inflicted diabetes diseases; which kills people.
  • USA has the highest incidence of gun deaths; unless you compare yourselves with third world developing nations.
  • Cigarettes kill 7+ million people a year around the world.
  • Drunk drivers killing innocent people, drunk parents beating their children. Alcohol is easily the worst of the legal drugs in terms of how it impacts other people.

Nobody makes you eat sugar, people eat it and (in a shockingly large proportion) end up dying from the high consumption.
Nobody makes you buy a gun and shoot somebody but people in USA die from guns unlike any other developed nations.
Cigarettes kill more people a day than these “vapes” have killed all time. Still sell cigarettes but ban vapes for some reason?
Alcohol is the freaking worst. It is a carcinogen in and of itself. It makes you more likely to make bad/dangerous decisions. Children of alcoholics are more likely to have issues. We sell bubblegum vodka and the liquor store sells red solo cups with ping pong balls at the register…which promotes binge drinking.

Nobody makes us vape either but in this instance people want to tell us that it is for our “safety” that we ban it.

5 Likes

But saying it’s a disease is a good excuse for sticking a needle in your arm

Is that your water bottle next to the needle? Fucking water junkies are just as bad :joy:

1 Like

Take your 4 examples and put the on a table. Not one of them will get up.and kill anything let alone a person. Now if you want to be a fool and eat Twinkies while drinking coke for breakfast it’s not Coca-Cola’s or Twinkies fault. Same deal with guns, alcohol and cigarettes. Should we put Butane on that list? On it own it’s just a gas, but people open blast indoors and boom.
The problem.isn’t about people that die from smoking cigarettes. It would be a different story if you lit once cig up took a few drags and died. That’s why the move on the vapes.