BVV gas quality

Thank you for the feedback. It’s this kind of response that keeps us going even with the industrial guys offering farcical COA’s in dirty tanks for rock bottom prices. #fuckyourgreenrush We are here for the long haul. :pray::facepunch:

3 Likes

What’s the minimum amount of dry ice and n-butane for an order?

I’m currently still on 14# of BVV n-butane of a 20# tank, but I’m interested once I run out.

1 Like

Dry ice is 500# @ $0.55/lb and they have the smaller 24# tanks for about the same price as bvv, but it’s way cleaner.

2 Likes

Bvv 20##lb tanks dont have a dipstick so when you transfer the gas to a new tank wouldn’t that be distilling it. Since the gas is in a vapor leaving the tank and condensing into your other tank

Yes, you can distill straight from the source tank. Same goes for other new tanks as long as you use a vapor port.

Some people will just flip the tank upside down to get the liquid flowing but it’s not as safe and you still need to distill the gas.

3 Likes

personally its much faster to put that fucker upside down and transfer as a liquid.

6 Likes

Lol fr

2 Likes

If your not planning on distilling I can see that saving time .But if your planning on distilling it you might as well put the bvv tank in a warm water bath and your other tank on dry Ice you can transfer and distill all at once

3 Likes

its easier to transfer to a stainless steel appuratus then trying to heat them double walled carbon steel tank to 85F and keep it there. I used to use the transfer of gas as a cleaning stage for my extractor, hoses, valves and fittings. those little parts are hard to clean. Usually passing gas threw them. Then distilling allows you to clean your whole extractor. and clean everything out after.

If you just transfer to the new solvent tank…where are you gonna clean out the mystery oil?? Or are you not gonna grab a certain amount of gas and throw it away??

2 Likes

But aren’t you then cleaning your system with dirty gas?

I would never want what I have seen In my un distilled tanks in my lines…

Straight metallic and black flakes lol

There is a pic in the distilling gas thread.

3 Likes

i have to assume its cleaner than it was and where my gas settles is usually where the dirt is. How do you get inside the hoses and valves??

Flush my system with distilled butane.

And I have a specific hose that is my “dirty hose” just for transferring dirty solvent to my collection.

So I guess I have one ball valve on my collection that may get dirty, but this is just a vapor/recover port, and gets gas ran through it the next time I recover.

3 Likes

The mystery oil would be left behind in the bvv20lb tank… the same as it would be your collection pot. They are throw aways

everyone has there way. this has always been a good way for me. If you please…just do what works for you…

2 Likes

You know what the funniest thing is, I was getting black flakes in oil, I thought it was a gasket breaking down, but actually it was a @SolventDirect n butane tank that I decided to flush my collection vessel with (undistilled)

oh geez more SD hate. I know im gonna get yelled at by someone. LOL

3 Likes

Just curious why other arnt doing this. I personally am just a spectator. Would be willing to take a job though wink wink cough cough

All a matter of preference. Distilling multiple times through your system and being able to visibly see what you’re cleaning out would obviously be the best option. Distilling straight from the tank may be less effort but it’s not necessarily faster. You can transfer as a liquid pretty fast and then distill from your system.

only place i get to extract these days are in @BG305 s labs and we all know he dont like to distill butane. I cant extract anymore in FL. Im just too exposed these days.

3 Likes

No hate, I only had to rerun several batches and waste several days because I was convinced of a proprietary 3 phase cleaning

5 Likes