BVV gas quality

You cool if we repost these pix? We will pay you our $20 reward for each if ur cool with it!

If you don’t want to recover from the top of your tubes (which you should, do the math, it’ll pay off eventually)

Set up an Auxiliary filling chamber. Use that vessel strictly for distilling, you could even fill during a normal run.

2 Likes

I’ve been doing exactly that with a 7lb tank I originally started with. I’ve just been distilling every 2 rounds or so and it slows things down. Recovery from the top port will easily do the trick, I just need to get some water lines plumbed from the bottom of my jackets. And get a better source of hot water. I honestly overlooked that huge aspect… here’s to improving and not making dumb mistakes twice! :beers:

1 Like

$40 bucket heaters work great, temp controller isn’t necessary since it’s not going to your collection. Higher temp the better.

1 Like

Just put a manifold and a small 6” collection pot and you can distill while tour running

I haven’t done a side by side but I’m almost sure a Amazon bucket heater and Amazon temp controller pump out more heat and cost less than 1000w+ sous vide. Only thing it doesn’t have is a pump to circulate the water for temp consistency but your pump circulating it to your jacketed sleeves does that for you.

I’ve made a 20 gal cooler start steaming with a bucket heater not temp controlled. People talk about heating swimming pools with them in reviews.

2 Likes

God damn. That’s what’s up, I’ve been playing with the idea of using something like that. Just got done processing for a little bit. Time to upgrade and improve for the next time.

The sous vide cant keep up.
We use a bucket heater now

2 Likes

I pour warm water into my dewaxing sleeve after the dry ice melts and then I recover the rest of the butane from the top.

3 Likes

Get in touch! I can get three phase certified clean butane delivered to your doorstep at the best prices in the industry. The tanks are chemically cleaned before every single refill and completely revalved with brand new cleaned valves. Gas is multi stage purified as well. Its guaranteed clean and the prices are literally unbeatable.

5 Likes

That’s really cool Green Machine, but we have patents pending and trademarks on our 3 phase decontamination treatment. Are you buying from us?

1 Like

I got this black shit out of BVV gas. I distilled 6 lbs to top off my tank…and the black carbon looking gunk was what remained.

2 Likes

test it for benzene and then compare it to your COA. They have no way of proving the COA is accurate if they delivered the gas in a dirty tank.

3 Likes

Jesus Christ. I distilled 30lbs and saw very little, the next 15 after that we’re showing some brown color like that

I am! I’m a sales partner with you guys :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ll be reaching out to you guys when I’m ready.

Ive done this before and I’m pretty sure it dumped a fair amount of water into my solvent. I dont think I’d try this again without a moi sieve throttled nice and slow. Material that ran stable prior was soupy processed the same and has a crackle when dabbed. I think a $100-$200 nitrogen assist can do the same thing without the mess (those sleeves bubble violently if it’s any ice left), water in solvent risk, or added cycle time (waiting for ice to sublimate, dumping enough water to sublimate dry ice then enough to melt the water ice being created). I’ve probably wasted the cost of the nitrogen assist 5x over in lost gas (especially with crc) and time.

1 Like

Yo GreenMachine! SOOOO Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for getting out the good word. Let us know how we can support you​:facepunch::facepunch::pray:

2 Likes

Very happy with @SolventDirect products! Just blasted through 500 pounds of dry ice and a whole tank of ntane. Clean tane and the dry ice lasted a week.

2 Likes