BVV 4cyl new pump? Anyone bought one yet?

What numbers are you guys getting doing passive recovery?

1 Like

POUNDS Bro! Pounds and pounds per minute! Open up your vapor pathway to at least 1/2" to your collection>recovery, and you will rip if you’re using thermodynamics correctly

6 Likes

I average 2lbs a minute (might be more since I’m running isobutane now, I will time it exactly next time). And that’s without a proper water heater set up on the collection. Lol

3 Likes

What’s your recovery setup like?

Maybe I’m showing my ass when I say this, but pumps are for recovering at under 80°F… Otherwise, use physics to your advantage.

5 Likes

We greatly appreciate your candor and effort to provide those specs missing from the infographics we provided . Tests are being placed to provide the information still lacking. Those parameters and numbers will be dropped here and on our social media when they become available.

As of a few hours ago, we talked to our manufacturing partner and are addressing all issues/concerns that have been brought up via Future4200 and other platforms. We greatly appreciate your guy’s feedback and discussions; your voices are not going ignored.

I cover my entire solvent/recovery tank in dry ice and then pour two bottles of acetone or dentured alcohol over the dry ice. I set my jacketed collection base to 95°F and I have ¼" lines. Shit RIPS!!! I get done in about maybe 32mins… If that it’s usually around 20. I would upgrade to ½" lines if I had the cash.

2 Likes

1/2" You’d be done in like 10-12 minutes! Hell Yeah!

2 Likes

I was gonna buy a recovery pump… But then I got a jacketed base and modified the 1/2" water inlet and outlet with handles and quick connects and got a Sousvide, instead. I only run a lb of material every so often so it’s not like I need a pump anyways.

Dude I would be done in 3 to 5mins if I ran ½" lines.

2 Likes

The pump is still useful for us when we do our live resin runs (-60C ish), but passive is looking like the way for distills and shatter runs! Easily at 2lbs/minute now with 1/2in lines running passive. Thanks for the input everyone!! Love this site

2 Likes

gooooooood looks on comparing the dual trs21 scenerio. was looking at this new compressor from bvv as an option but am unsure after reading your review.

1 Like

I’d wait a year or two for the next model they put out. It’ll probably address all these problems.

3 Likes

Switched to 100% isobutane for a few runs and same recovery time still only seeing about .5-.6/lb a minute. I shut the pump off during a run to mess with temps and the gas started recovering passively through the pump at the same rate!
Starting to think I wasted 3k on a bunk product :disappointed:

4 Likes

*Untested…
It may not be bunk, but they sure as hell shouldn’t have released it without solid numbers…

3k for one pump that recovers at the same rate of two 1k pumps I already own that math adds up to bunk in my mind.
They went all hype beast with a new product that fell extremely short of its claims. Now I’m stuck explaining to the owner why we wasted 3k for no improvement at all.

1 Like

Any luck on improved performance ?

BVV sucks period. I don’t participate in these forums often but seeing BVV and chiller in one post , can’t help myself. I bought a open box (in my 63 yrs, means a demo, unsold, warranties unit), t80 cold trap, used exactly twice. One compressor crapped out in middle of process. BVV couldn’t be bothered to return call, this was a Thursday. Called repeatedly until reaching Adam the following Tuesday who informed me that open box men that I was out of luck. No support whatsoever! Will be repairing but replaced with an AI. I’ve spent 10s ok with these crooks. Look elsewhere. Anyone need an anchor. Look to BVV!

1 Like

At 3000 rpm the thing is probably loud as fuck. Why would they not go for more displacement and a slower motor…

1 Like

@LAC39 my experience with bvv has usually been a pretty good one. Got a few vac ovens and other equipment from them without issue and our account rep is always on point. This was the first purchase I wasn’t happy with but we are making the best of it. @Franklin you definitely need some ear protection for this pump she’s a loud beast that kicks off a shit ton of heat.

Adam is the absolute worst