Butane Always Left in CBD oil

We have a BHO extraction system and have no problems purging our THC based products. However, due to the liquid nature of CBDa there always seems to be a thin film that is created on top of the oil that locks in butane and we have big issues purging the CBD products. Does anyone have some tips other than jacking the temperature up that would be helpful?

Thanks!

1 Like

Do you have 3rd party analytics to back that up?

Lower viscosity should make purging easier not harder.

7 Likes

My hemp flower extracts purge fine.

2 Likes

This sounds like wook logic. Maybe it would get trapped in something viscous but not cbda oil

7 Likes

I’m gonna get so roasted when I post my first lab questions

7 Likes

Maybe attach to a high vac line and sonicate. That’s how we untrapped bubbles in hplc water for sensitive analytics.

1 Like

Although I must agree with the three above me, you could give a little more info when dropping that fishing line in these waters.

How do you purge? vac oven, hot plate, fan on oscillate, ect.

What kind of vessel are you collecting/purging in?

My advice pour it up like a slab. Thin layer with more surface area should help you get that solvent out lickety split! Play some old school dubstep with that heavy bass to vibrate the slab and help agitate the oil so that BHO can dance its way to the surface and out of your life.

5 Likes

I heard bassnectar helps purge my oil bro

9 Likes

:popcorn::popcorn::sob::popcorn::popcorn: dubstep purging

6 Likes

if you set a piece of quarts near your jars, they will grow diamonds quicker

6 Likes

Chakra mining

9 Likes

I do not recommend the sonication of volatile/flammable solvents.

@Hansel @moveweight dont be stealing my DuBTeK!

3 Likes

Your plants will have more terps if you put a dred in your compost tea

7 Likes

My kid keeps asking me what’s so funny on my phone. It’s bruh

6 Likes

I promise to try and be helpful but I might roast you for fun now that you have painted the target there for me.

5 Likes

Hazing is a right of passage

3 Likes

Since it’s residual and contained in a flask, I doubt there is any potential to reach LEL of butane. I’ve used this to pull ACN from syrupy polyamide intermediates. As long as your vac pump is c1d1 and it’s residual you’ll be fine, I assure you.

2 Likes

:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: @moveweight :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: trial by fire

3 Likes

Hmmm now that you assure me I feel much more safe.

Don’t let me assure you
Experience>

1 Like