Built a couple labs out over the past 3 months to process 100 pounds a day for under 100k. DM me For more info

Majority of states require you to operate C1D1 to do legal cannabis BHO extraction. All of Colorado, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, think Arizona, Massachusetts. List goes on. Ethanol is a big reason people go to it cause most states don’t require anything and if they do they require C1D2. But the reason your builds so cheap is cause you tell them to wheel it outside. I wouldn’t consider that a professional build. That’s the difference. Can build a back room build, or can build a nice laboratory setting. I don’t like doing the corner cutting that’s involved in walking your machine outside to run it. Just different approaches

3 Likes

No there are no regulations in TN. But our Hydrocarbon extractions and all solvent storage is in a C1d1.

I just feel you should do it right so you don’t have any issues. Never know when and what regulations are going to come and I’d rather it be overkill and not needed than to slow or stop production and it’s just the right thing to do when working with Hydrocarbons I feel .

I’ve done my share of blasting outside don’t get me wrong, but IMO a professional business should operate differently.

2 Likes

Actually operating outside is a very established professional method. Where do oil refineries operate their gigantic machines? Open air… for a reason. Usually in permanent installations, of course.

8 Likes

Yea but weather kinda limits you being able to run all the time. You gunna run a closed loop outside in the rain or when it’s 93 and 40% humidity? Lol :joy:

So you are recommending every hobby extractor in the 1-5 # range buy a C1D1 enclosure?

4 Likes

Absolutely. Commercial grade runs all outside. But telling your local fire marshal that your gonna roll your machine outside to the parking lot of the industrial park your in… not gonna have a fun time lmao

Yes if running hydrocarbons… that’s just my opinion tho

You do know what a C1D1 enclosure costs right?

4 Likes

It’s about 20-40,000$ depending on size. 65-75k for a 1500 square foot one

1 Like

Yes they are even cheaper if you build it yourself. I feel like the hemp industry needs these regulations even more than cannabis.

At the very least you should have proper air movement in the room you are extracting in beyond opening a garage door .

So every guy who spends $2k on a passive CLS should spend 20-40k on a C1D1? :thinking:

4 Likes

I think its a vastly overlooked at how dangerous large basins of heated alcohols can be… Ethanol might not explode, but it can certainly burn the whole block down!

1 Like

I’m gonna start a c1d1 container business. You want in @bg305. I know you like pump and dump companies. I got a few talented
People we can put in this.

I’m thinking too small. Why sell the $2k extractor when I can sell the 60k container. Fuck I’m slippin

8 Likes

It’s a good look. We live in Miami so containers are a dime a dozen. All we need to do is include one 20’ C1D1 container for $40k with each order of 10kg of carbon chem and 2 # CLS system. I’m sure we could pull it off and sell it in 6mo for 5m.

4 Likes

I don’t know many professionals dropping 2k on equipment.

If you want to make personal meds outside fine, but if your going to claim to be a professional business you should at least have the proper air exchange in your room at the very minimum and I don’t feel opening the warehouse doors accomplishes that. You are not only risking your safety but the safety of others around you as well.

If you don’t have that kind of money to set up a professional lab maybe you should wait till you do. This honestly isn’t the area to cut corners even tho you can get it done cheaper that doesn’t mean it’s the better option

1 Like

It’s a booming business. Sell them in pre fabbed design. People are making a killin. When the infrastructure costs way more then the actual machinery placed inside it

That’s why infrastructure costs are high. That’s why I chuckle at a 30k build out including distillation that can do 100 pounds a day. And when asked about it the answer is roll it outside

1 Like

That’s kind of the point @Killa12345 was making. Setting up any type of facility for the bare minimum is really pointless. The way the CBD market is heading a 100k lab processing 100 #'s isn’t going to be profitable. Even if you are the farm/lab/retail you are really splitting hairs when it comes to profit. This will be exacerbated with federal regulations impose on the CBD market. Sorry to say the 100k lab and mom/pops just can’t compete in this market.
When it comes to BHO the only people using C1D1 enclosures are license holders that are regulated. When you get up to this level your talking facility costs in the M’s and a C1D1 besides being a safe environment is insurance for your investment.
Nothing wrong with setting people up small as long as they are told what the future holds. This season will break all the “small” guys in the CBD industry. Price’s are already at record lows and the harvest is on the horizon. If I was in the CBD sector I would be hedging in preparation for the looming crash.

4 Likes

Has anyone here got an open-air facility certified? It actually would alleviate many regulatory issues

2 Likes

If we take your numbers and apply it to BHO we would need 2x your 150k setup cost to be equal. The BHO sector is regulated and you need certified equipment to pass inspection along with a C1D1 enclosure.
Take that into account and an ethanol lab would never be able to keep up with a hydrocarbon lab.

1 Like