Bucket Tek (Cold Ethanol Extraction on a Budget)

For trying to drain into the bucket 220u, and even then good luck manually draining any reasonable percentage from the material if you’re using trim at least. Inside the Panda I ultimately just use my 220u and my 73u from a 3 set of 5 gal BubbleBagDude bubble bags, divide my material evenly between the two, and make sure they are sitting side by side in my Panda, not stacked on top of each other. The Panda will quickly become your best friend when trying to recover your solution from your material, but be sure you don’t let him wander off from your collection dish as he so loves to do.

Again, I’d like to point out there are probably cheaper options that are better suited for this application.

3 Likes

Bucket tek is freaking dope!!

3 Likes

Curious, does the dry ice pellet size matter? Better to use the smallest possible pellets or bigger pieces to cool down the EToH?

2 Likes

I use “rice” pellets. Works oerfectly for me.

3 Likes

Wait, are you saying you can use one of these washers in place of a rotovap?

Washing machines vs using panda spinners

@midsfactory Was asking about a budget solvent recovery tek and @Soxhlet mentioned using a washer as a centrifuge. Is the centrifuge not a replacement for roto? My company is just getting in to ethanol and we desperately need a proper setup on a budget.

The 'fuge spins the biomass so you recover your $ ethanol.

The rotovap evaps the ethanol from the thc wash, leaving you with crude oil

2 Likes

I see, I had thought that the rotovap was for solvent recovery primarily. If you use the centrifuge for solvent recovery, then couldn’t you just evap remaining ethanol after with a magstir hotplate?

You can, but your not recovering your ethanol , your evaporating into the atmosphere vs collecting it

1 Like

The purpose of a centrifuge is to recover solvent from your “spent” flower/biomass post-wash. The purpose of a rotovap is to recover solvent from your crude oil extract.

4 Likes

Thank you for clearing this up for me.
Do you have any recommendations for a rotovap? We are a lab on a budget but looking for something quality as well. Lanphan had sent me a quote for a turnkey system, but many have shared concerns with Chinese Chillers.

Dave

Usalabs

Re-510 5l rotovap

2 Likes

I own re-501 package with chiller and vacuum, straight from China no issues . The -10c chiller actually chills to -12c and will keep up with the evaporations up to 40c at a recovery rate 2.5L per hour or so , I have used a cold trap with it also and able to pull 3L+ per hour no issues came to the door less than $2500

3 Likes

Is it from Lanphan?

I have not ordered from lanphan, I tried but could not get a quote in a reasonable time frame. I actually ordered from another company I have been using an received item I was looking for, by the time I got quoted by Lanphan.and she was $57 cheaper than lanphan quote.

3 Likes

Care to share who it is? Can always use extra China suppliers I have not had any luck finding any that can replicate a fabric heating mantle such a simple item. I guarantee if any Chinese supplier was to replicate the current fabric heating Mantle’s on the market they would sell like fucking hot cakes over here the glass col man tools are too damn expensive. @Terry_Manager

3 Likes

Pm to you, she gets me what I want in 7-10 days door to door with no issues as of yet several orders now

3 Likes

Can you PM me as well?

1 Like

You mean previous simple heating mantle ?