Bucket Tek (Cold Ethanol Extraction on a Budget)

Shoot me a pm also. I love having more than 1 go-to person for equipment.

3 Likes

How well does this bucket tek work when only 190 proof is available for use? I saw a few comments above regarding the use of it but didnt see a clear answer, unless I missed it (which is very possible).

I was thinking of attempting this tek, which is not too far off our current method, but was curious on extraction efficiency? Has anyone tested their spent material and seen how much cannabinoids, if any are being left behind?

190 proof is perfect for Bucket teck
And If rinsed twice in seperate buckets the left over on biomass are negligeble

5 Likes

i want to know if there is temperature controller?

Nope just a plug in. The temp controller is a separate unit.

1 Like

ok.

pls tell me which volume of flask you want to use with it.
then i could send provide price with u

you just need a plug?
do not need temp. display?

i am waiting for your reply, now my technician and i are together and help u to provide good solution with it.
i need to know 2 point as below:

1. volume of flask in heating mantle
  2. voltage and hz. 220V/60Hz and 110V/60Hz is ok for you.
1 Like

No temp display just the fabric heater 2L 110/60hz 5L 110/60hz and 10L-12L 220/60hz

They have a somewhat squared bottom to support the flask without tipping over

2 Likes

How much did u spend on this before?

1 Like

Excuse me can I have a copy of your carbon scrub SOP

Great info here, much appreciated.

If I run say 10 pounds of material (every 4 months or so. Ide be using 5 gallons of EtOH 190 proof. How much would I expect a panda recover?

1 Like

95+%

So long as you mean, remove from my biomass & donā€™t mean ā€œreturn to 190 proofā€.

Sorry if that sounds obvious, it should, but Iā€™ve run into enough folks who have been tripped up on ā€œrecoverā€ vs ā€œrecoverā€ that I feel it needs to be explicitly stated.

A centrifuge (like drip drying) recovers (removes) your tincture from your biomass. some folks claim upwards of 97%. But i could achieve that by extracting 1lb in 20gal so Iā€™m not convinced %recovery is an ideal metric

A still/evaporator of some flavor is required to recover (return to its original state) your solvent.

2 Likes

I have a 2 year old extractcraft sourceturbo. I use that as a rotovap. It recovers etoh at vaccuum sub 100 degree temps.

Is there a 1l or smaller rotovap on the market sub $500?

3 Likes

You can piece one together from eBay for about that much.

2 Likes

So 2 Liters of flower here is what-- 2000 grams? That seems like quite a bit of flower for just a liter of ethanol. I must be missing something here.

Iā€™m trying to work backwards to determine how much flower you can run based on the amount of ethanol. I have about 1.5 liters of 190 proof sitting around and an unknown amount of fresh frozen flower from last season-- maybe a pound or so-- that Iā€™d like to run this way for personal use. Using the above ratio that would be three liters of flower, which Iā€™m taking to mean 1 gram = 1 militer. Any help would be appreciated. Also how much liquid would you use in the initial soak and how much would you reserve for top offs?

Liters are a volume measurement, 1L of water should weigh 1kg or 1000g at STP. The density of flower is much less than that of water. Depending on the grind I would guess between 28 and 112g or so per liter

1 Like

Two SOP questions that Iā€™m struggling with. Does this SOP only call for a single soak of each batch of flower? It doesnā€™t seem like the flower is soaked twice. If so, how can a double soak be incorporated? Also, when it gets to the end of the process and mentions to go back and repeat earlier steps, the flower from bucket 1 has yet to be removed but the next step during the first repetition is to fill the bucket with flower. Do you start the repetition with unwashed/virgin flower? And do you start the process again with Fresh ethanol or do you continue to use the ethanol/wash from previous steps?

I couldā€™ve missed this clarifying question already. I may be blind from needing out reading Future4200 all night :wink:

1 Like

team ,

whatā€™s your thoughts on grinding up trim prior to freezing etc in prep for the cold bucket Tec
Iā€™m thinking of putting it through a food blender to increse surface area etc but also read that it damages cell walls of plants ,
anyone any views on this ? Iā€™m starting my next batch tomorrow !

1 Like