Bucket Tek (Cold Ethanol Extraction on a Budget)

How does it work?

So in this SOP is the fresh biomass only being washed one time in the chilled EtOH?

Besides the noted issue with the bentonite vs celite in filtration with the acid saturated co2.

Have you or has anyone noted any differences in an ethanol solution containing carbonic acid, compared to a solution chilled with ln2 or chiler/freezer? Does it create any isomerization or any difference in ā€œpullā€ between a non-acidified batch?

2 Likes

I got 40# of preblasted bio Iā€™m gonna see what I can get out of a couple buckets and some 190ā€¦ thanks again

1 Like

40# at 2% cannabinoids isnā€™t going to get you a whole lot.
should be ~360g in there, you might get 75% of that.

Iā€™d guess a crude weight of ~700g and potency of ~50%

might be worth the effortā€¦

thatā€™s assuming it started at 20% and the hydrocarbon extraction was 90% efficient.

without a fuge youā€™re going to lose 10% or more of your solvent.
4-6 gallons at $75gal for beverage grade 190proof.

5 Likes

Loving that quick math skills. Clean conversions make me giddy.

2 Likes

Any recommendations for relatively cheap centrifuges that can spin 30 lbs at a time?

1 Like

Ace spinners?

@ cyclopath

$10-15k will get you a used explosion proof BOCK.

Iā€™ve posted pics of the one I picked up. I can get six x 5lb bags in it. Works well.

Not floodable.

This showed up in my feed this morningā€¦

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rousselet-Robatel-SLAB-420-vertical-axis-basket-top-discharge-centrifuge/302545317686

1 Like

Ace 30 has landedā€¦

now we need to add things like the ā€œplease donā€™t eat meā€ latch so @Bill-bro.Dabbins doesnā€™t get more spun than is fun.

10 Likes

Looks like NASAā€™s new G-force testing for astronauts

right? my first response to that pic was to wonder who I could convince sit in itā€¦

but Iā€™ve participated in that sort of lunacy beforeā€¦

4 Likes

Thatā€™s the one you make?

1 Like

The Ace, yes.

Cyclecide were the clowns that first put a welder in my hands, and Iā€™ve participated in a number of their outlandish pedal powered devices, but only ridden their two person fuge.

2 Likes

Are you guys sourcing that from peony or kingreat

Understand the question, not sure I know enough about manufacturing in China to answer. Think itā€™s a no to both. We are also modifying them after we get them.

Eg so it canā€™t eat anyone (lid inter-lock), new seals, Bodine motor, UL rated controllerā€¦

3 Likes

What bags are people using for this? Preferably that will fit in the panda.

There are probably better, cheaper options, but Iā€™d been looking for an excuse to buy bubble bags, so thatā€™s what I use. I can stuff 2 5 gal bags in it nicely.

Though, as many people have mentioned, the opening for the panda is frustratingly small compared to itā€™s capacity. I havenā€™t modified mine yet, but it may come to pass.

1 Like

Is there a certain brand or hole size you recommend?