Brown/clear shatter

Wondering what’s up with the outcome of this new material. Time and time again I’m able to get yellow out of whatever material I’m processing. Up until this latest batch; coming out with a slight brown hue that’s driving me nuts. Maybe PH is off, but I haven’t changed one thing about my sop. I’m thinking there’s just no yellow left to showcase, no matter how far the remediation. Love to read what others have experienced regarding similar issues.

My crc blend is strictly silica gel and t5. Ratio adjustments subject to starting materials natural color and yield. Here’s some photos of the usual, and the obviously new issue.

4 Likes

Gotta upload a single pic at a time, and have to let each one fully upload before hitting posting. Pics aren’t there.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help with that. I believe I got them to upload. :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Probably gonna be related to the material you’re running. Did you just crack open a new supplier’s version of your powders or a new bag for that matter?

1 Like

I have a stockpile of the same suppliers powders. I bake all my powders before use. Not that water would cause these issues; just stating that my sop has remained completely the same.

Unfortunately I’m thinking it’s just the material as well. Yields are great 15%+ but it is mostly machine trim. I’m wondering if there’s some type of lubricant that was used on the blades of the machine trimmers. Because it was claimed to have been fresh material.

3 Likes

I’ve had some shit turn out like that before, in my case it was because the material was harvested prematurely.

3 Likes

There’s another thread here discussing dark crc results after machined trim was run if I’m not mistaken too so I’m going to lean towards that being the answer as well.

@Waxplug1 has some powders that might resolve that for you though, even on the machine trim.

3 Likes

@Mr-cloud curious on your opinion. You think those powders you gave me as a sample would help this?

My next measure is realistically shooting for water clear. Not the biggest fan of water clear but def better than crap tint lol.

That ain’t crap tint it’s champagne tint :wink: :champagne:

7 Likes

Definitely

1 Like

That is the bong is half full way to look at it

2 Likes

What is that cookie in your hand?

1 Like

I got that one too. I think it’s some red? More AA
Or less si60 if you get a lil yellow in there it would look better. Idk I never got those results again and I use same SOPs. Most likely the input

1 Like

That’s my crumble :nerd_face:

I guess water clear it is. I will definitely have trouble finding a home for these with that “champagne tint” :sweat_smile:

Dude whip that Champaign up a bit, it will turn into a platinum white taffy, or use your crumble SOP on it for a nice chalky white look

7 Likes

Could be old or oxidized terps/cannabinoids. I don’t have experiance with BHO only EHO. I have extracted the same strain, one being older than the other and the color of the extract is very different. We dont do any remediation, just extract, roto, pour up, and get to flippin. If you don’t like the color get to whippin.

1 Like

If you send one to cookies it should prove an effective way to disguise the pink.

1 Like

Majority of orders are generally for blonde shatter. But the crumble is lookin and smelling good. So going to play around with making some dense batches like this, and puffy batches like the big cookie.

11 Likes