Breaking Bad Coffee Maker

I think I remember him saying that it had the same taste and smell. Just wasn’t black coffee. He very well could have done it with agar, but that looked like it needed to be done cold and overnight.

Let me find this clear coffee brand really quick

4 Likes

Here’s the clear coffee stuff. I want to try it, but I want to make it myself more

Here’s the agar way to clarify your coffee.

5 Likes

The reviews here are fucking hilarious. It’s like a bunch of people who got some overly crc’d dabs and they showed up on a comment thread. Hahaha

https://www.amazon.com/CLEAR-COFFEE-pack-6-7-200ml/product-reviews/B072KRXJ42

9 Likes

If the clear coffee remains acidic (or becomes more so in the process), then the “not bad for one’s teeth” claim goes right out the window!

And the “clear” agar coffee looks like it still has plenty of stuff in it. Definitely not clear, but I am curious what it tastes like.

4 Likes

this is what i was thinking and then you said it better!

Small setup with N2 purge and light pressure would remove opportunities for oxidation and slowly push the water through the coffee at room temp.

Now, making meth blue… that’s a magic trick!

Harkens back to the time of Pepsi Clear!! It just never felt right that clear pepsi tasted like regular pepsi…

Funny though, the first thing I thought when I read clear coffee was: “I wonder what the fuck it tastes like!”
It’s good to know great minds DO think alike!

4 Likes

I spoke with a rep at buchi and was shown a photo of a Buchi Pure Chrimatography system being used to brew coffee- Starbucks uses buchi systems to develop methods for their QC - Starbucks coffee brewers are essentially… heated chromatography columns packed with coffee.

3 Likes

Also if you’re into clear drinks, find yourself some clarified milk punch- it’s a heavily spiced tropical drink that is a blend of rums and fruit juices and herbal liqueurs to which full fat milk Is added- the milk fats curdle when exposed to the acidity of the citrus and takes much of the color and some flavors with it- it’s left to sit overnight and then is strained and you get this clarified, highly complex beverage that needs to be aged for months to years before it reaches its full potential- made properly it is sort of like tiki champagne ala creme -
it has a silky smooth, milky mouthfeel due to the lactose sugars present

You can use milk to clarify a lot of things, just ensure there is enough acidity present to curdle

Milk punch was a very popular beverage back in the 1800s, spice trading years, Charles Dickens died with a cellar full of the stuff.

17 Likes

I fucking love milk punch it’s my favorite thing ever. Used to be like 3/4 of my fridge at any given time

6 Likes

Hot Sauces and mash… so much hot sauce and so much mash. No room for foods. I know the struggle well. Haha

5 Likes

Those comments were great! The perfect morning laugh I needed (while enjoying a cup of coffee). :rofl::call_me_hand:t4: I actually hadn’t realized how many people are interested in a clear coffee (if it still resembles the taste of coffee)… in efforts to keep their pearly whites all shiny.

With the agar agar tech… have you tried it? Is the taste as horrible as expressed? On the “resting time”, I wonder if we could setup a “de-wax” column per say, w/ some wiper blades or overhead stirrer to break up the coffee/gelatin, then drop into a filtration column. Trying to keep this as an in-line, flow chem kinda process would be cool. Have you tried any other filtration medias?

I feel like if we could remediate the color but still keep the flavor and caffeine content that everybody wants… might actually have something cool here.
:face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

We could extract the caffeine. Then find a way to get the aromatics from the beans and use that as a flavor to mix it into the caffeine and water/milk/juice

4 Likes

Solve et Coagula runs deep with this one

I got the gf a little corny keg and a nice nitro tap for that sole purpose. Added a little dip tube with a carbonation stone, and it works fantastic.

She loves it.

5 Likes

Pressure assisted coffee brewing? I’ve got a strange desire to fill my column with a can of coffee, and running that’s shit! My loop isn’t quite operational yet, but we’ll call them goals!

2 Likes

all this soy boy tech is just adding estrogen into your brew

Reall men chew up coffee beans and swallow boiling water while cleaning a firearm and cooking some sort of freshly killed meat.

Anything else and you might need to change your pronouns

15 Likes

Hahah hell yeah!

I need video proof of this first. Then I’ll change my pronoun !! :partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like

I am offended by this post

REEEEEE

4 Likes

MF²T = I’LL SLEEP WHEN I’M DEAD. :skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones:

This checks out…

2 Likes

coming in hot