BR instruments THC Remediation Harmonic Distillation

I’m pretty sure this is a polymer bead system. It used a Lego type effect and grabs things based on the polymer affinity. It gets filtered though the box and then remediated. The cost of the polymer beads is highly excessive when in fact I think there are highly efficient methods beyond this.

1 Like

The equipment hooked up to it won’t suffice for a batch distillation. That poly chiller heater can’t maintain that vessel at temp.

This unit is from a company called Delta 9 out of Kentucky. Really great guys but in a nutshell it’s just a heating coil inside that then has motor that stirs the material at vacuum. The software is really the key to it all. Type in your parameters and effectively let it go. Vaporizes off the THC as well as some CBD hence using full spec/crude instead of distillate due to the concentrations.

The ultrasonic adds energy just like heating (think small air humidifiers). The overall amount of heating needed is far less when using the ultrasonic and that Polyscience has maybe 1kW heating so this again points towards ultrasonic distillation. You can google this term and read up about it. That’s all I am looking for with this machine. I just want a term I can google and learn more.

I understand that, I’m comparing this to another polymer media filtration unit.

to clarify, the unit does not have an HPLC built in, but the pre-reqs for ownership require an HPLC on site to sample and monitor the process. I have not heard one during operation, but some say they “definitely hear something”…

@goldleaf_scientific " arrow is ultrasonic agitator. Notice connected to box which likely holds the hardware. Box on the left is likely electronic controls only"
I agree, Box on left is likely only controls. Apparently the controls box is locked, but the box on the left is open to be inspected. I dont think that probe is connected to the box on the right, but im open to being wrong.

This is fun aint it? As a forum, we can figure this out. Anyone wanna be the bookie and take bets on whats goin on, Maybe @Killa12345 ?

5 Likes

You know I’m always here to support the degenerates!

2 Likes

What are my odds sir?

3 Likes

Being one of the true canna geniuses here. I’m gonna have to start you at 3:2 odds.

5 Likes

My company worked with Delta 9 and were not super impressed with the results regarding to the CBD yield.
They also told us that they get access to all run data, which was concerning to us.

4 Likes

Ive literally told you all how it works haha I was just there a week ago and ran material. This isn’t a BR manufactured product. There’s no “ultra sonic” anything. Literally set parameters, heat, stir, vacuum and ta da!

2 Likes

Were you able to find where the THC went?

1 Like

Yes it gets vacuumed into the distilled water in that drum. Unfortunately the cbd and thc that gets removed isn’t worth trying to remove from the water.

1 Like

If this is the case then it’s fractional distillation (THC comes off before CBD) and I don’t see a frac column. People have been trying to separate by temp for years and the two are so close there must be more to it no?? Something that makes the boiling point a wider delta? Or why couldn’t you do the same thing in a short path or a wiped film? When you were there didn’t he tell you about the THC being on top? And if all it was was heat stir and vacuum off why does it take 12-48 hours? There must be something else in the equation that is layering the THC or causing changes to the oil. It’s solventless but remember what one of the site requirements was other than the HPLC?

1 Like

The one from Sixth Wave? This is not a polymer bead unit at all. Doesn’t look like the two polymer bead units I have worked on either. Didn’t have much success with the Polymer tech in the 6 months I was working with it.

2 Likes

Yes… and yes… but how does it selectively vaporize the THC and not anything else. It can’t just be temp, guys have been trying to fractionally distill THC from CBD for years with very limited success (the one group close is just north of Denver).

When I spoke to the guy who designed it he said it needed cool down time. Where did someone say that the temps were not so hot? As I said in another post, it was described to me that the THC would layer on top of the oil and then move over (I don’t know how, temp, vac or ultrasonic) over to the water collection condenser. Once the THC was off (it came off first) an HPLC would see this and shut the unit down. Does this make any sense to you?

Well, I have seen this unit work in person and I am still trying to figure out how it works. BR and several other companies are just white labeling it (distributing it) from the manufacturer in California. It does work better on crude, you get less loss. The loss is in the CBD/THC which somehow ends up in the water and was about 15% when we did the trial. The person I was with said that the stages layer with THC on top which distills or vaporizes ultrasonically off the top. The HPLC is there to analyze and figure out when CBD starts to vaporize and shut the system down.

2 Likes

yea thats my experience as well, but the lab I visited to see the tech in action said they were having method dev issues for analyzing the oil fraction that ended up in the water. I want to see what that is. If I see that cannabinoid has indeed whent thru phase change Ill be a kid in candy store tryna nail it down for myself. I want to be 100% sure its not just a well controlled isomerization/degradation which is still valuable tech obviously, but just less interesting to me.
Also, i inspected the unit as hard as we could - without opening that secret control cabinet of course, as well as not taking apart the RTD housings looking for an ultrasonic device. I could not find any ultrasonics on the unit, maybe theyre well hidden, maybe theyre surface mounted inside the jacket. I do know that that vessel is not custom made tho, its a standard brew tank and they try to hide that - i saw the tank placard had been buffed out.
Its def been one of the only pieces of tech that has put me on a wild goosechase, and still have not made my mind up about it.
end of day - it does indeed bring T levels down in crude. thats valuable no doubt

1 Like

Phase change like distillation or into vapor? I am not saying they are doing it ultrasonically either. Only that I was told about the layering of the oil which occurs. Did you see it recycle out of the water tank back into the system?? I have some ideas and would like to talk to you in PM. I am new to this site how do we private message? If you can send me a message with your contact I thnk we have a lot to talk about. And I am sure that the THC (and some CBD) ends up in the water. You can test that by using a separatory funnel unless the THC and CBD are actually in the water which is possible. But I would think it would just layer up, do an oil/water sep and run your HPLC.