BR instruments THC Remediation Harmonic Distillation

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB0xIjbBJQn/?igshid=h9xrezkezt0z

Does anyone know about or used this system, spoke with the rep and they are calling it “Harmonic Distillation”

1 Like

Requires a stable internet connection. That’s kinda strange, is that license related maybe (no usage of unit without a valid license type deal, similar to many biotech skids)? Looks pretty simple, were any parameters discussed like extreme cold or heat to indicate what type of process might be occurring?

my guess ,sounds like distillation+ sound waves? probably some sort of distillation, that is what pope mostly does. I wonder if they considered isomers of cbd in their machine design?

Does this mean vacuum free then? Sound wouldn’t propagate well in a vacuumed still.

" REM Technologies harmonic distillation systems use computer-controlled heating and flow regulation in concert with HPLC (High-Performance Liquid Chromatography) to efficiently target and distill THC away from the other cannabinoids with no damaging solvents, at low consumable costs. "

Distillation(?) + HPLC

1 Like

not necessarily, vibration can be carried though the walls of the apparatus, or onto a tuning fork or sorts.

only if your goal is to interact with the vapor directly.

1 Like

Define light :wink::rabbit:

1 Like

Visible electromagnetic radiation.

3 Likes

Someone else had a thread about this, I think we got 70-80% of the way through the mystery

2 Likes

unit boots up, connects to a very stable internet connection, smokes only the THC in the mixture, goes to YouTube - darksideofthemoon, projects laser light show on to wall for 7 hours until THC is gone
Harmonically THC free man

17 Likes

harmonic yo! Danm that smoke would burn your eye!

5 Likes

I think this is ultrasonic distillation.

1 Like

Visible?

1 Like

within the spectrum we can observe.

1 Like

Y Ray’s to long radio. That’s all light.

1 Like

This is true @BrotanicalMatt , do you think its microwave distillation?

Theres no microwave generator on the unit as far as I can tell. If any acoustic transmission equipment is present, it is well hidden, maybe inside the jacket or disguised as an RTD.

The vessel supposedly takes 350 man hours to build, yet looks suspiciously like a standard conical brew vessel (with racking arm port). The control cabinet is under lock/key and opening it up voids warranty (i understand non sketchy reasons for this but…)

Would not be surprised at all if most of the components are from MoreBeer, glacier tanks, automation direct and autozone.

The unit uses a water aspirator vac (so not that deep of vac) .

Apparently works better on Crude than distillate if my memory serves me correct.
They req the use of an HPLC to monitor the process and know when to stop. because once the THC becomes low enuff or not detected, the process must stop to ensure that “the cbd does not get consumed” … … … .

I want to see HPLC validation of THC being present in the aspirator water reservoir at the end of a batch. Until someone shares that with me , I have to disregard this tech as being a very well temp controlled agitated reactor that is utilizing the “subway oven tek” degrading the THC, not selectively distilling it away. Would love to be wrong about this, as it would be a cool separation method to play with on other materials beyond cannabis.

One thing is for sure, this unit will yield a finished product that has less THC than the feedstock had 7-12 hrs ago. I think this is one reason why folks who own these quit being curious about how it works, because it works. As a separations scientist, i wanna know HOW it works LOL!

12 Likes

Maybe music is the answer :wink: where those polymaths at?

I’ll actually throw a bone…

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/236028344_The_Sound_Wave_Method_for_Measurement_of_Evaporation_Coefficient

The linked method is using sound for measurement. @CollectiveObjective stated that it used an hplc to monitor the the%. Has anyone heard this thing run? Does it make a constant tone?

1 Like

" In the experiments, we measure the amplitude of standing wave with a resonant frequency generated in a cylindrical space filled with air and closed by liquid water"

Sounds familiar?

1 Like

Red arrow is ultrasonic agitator. Notice connected to box which likely holds the hardware. Box on the left is likely electronic controls only

Blue arrow is where enriched vapor is taken off indicating this is a distillation process

Ultrasonic agitation adds energy in another form beside heat. This is reflected in the mild temperatures used in this process.

1 Like