Bout to try w-1 to replace t-5, silica

, ,

Haha columbo what ever happened to that guy, is he still upright

2 Likes

Itā€™s all wood. Iā€™ve built plenty of these in a few states. My fist one ever but is still standing and operational but I understand what you mean. I did a lot of plumbing prior to extractions so I feel pretty confident in my pipe strapping. Nonetheless itā€™s best to move it all on a rack. This shed gets reconfigured just about every week for rnd so I never got around to putting it on a rack until I finish my new recovery set up

5 Likes

@spdking this is not called by itā€™s original name. It clearly states itā€™s a mix.

4 Likes

If youā€™re concerned about ingredients, their source and their safetyā€¦just look at the CAS numberā€”5 minutes later and I know whats in all three of those mixes.

@spdking, just because you make the SDS yourself does not make it fraudulent. As long as it meets GHS standards it is applicable. In fact, most OEM companies will do this when they make a blend of solid media.

As this stuff gains popularity, Iā€™m sure margins will decrease as they are offset by volume.

By the way folks, W-1 is bentonite and calcined quartz. @Waxplug1 and @Chemtek just did the time and research to find out what suppliers, what ratios to meet your extraction needs. The extra cost you pay is R&D and IP reimbursement.

30 Likes

@spdking
Youā€™ll never get me crabby patty formula

31 Likes

Cool cool. Iā€™ve seen many finished basements framed that way, the untreated pine sucks up moisture like a sponge. Rusting&rotting looked like a bad combination, with that setup mounted to it. Just my 2centsā€¦:v:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

This is 4 days i ran this material on Wednesday. Let me get a sponsorship lol @Waxplug1

22 Likes

damnit the image isnā€™t coming out as good as it is on my phone

17 Likes

Cool thanks captain obvious. Now go back to stacking blocks or whatever you do.

13 Likes

Seems like a lucrative collab to me

8 Likes

@spdking dude you gotta stop taking over peopleā€™s threads like this. I havenā€™t used my short path in 6 months and may never use it again.
@J12 God damn ur the goat. Are you doing anything groundbreaking or is this because ur material being so good? Also u said 3500 grams, is that the amount of media or material? What was the ratio? How hot and long do u bake ur powders?

5 Likes

Iā€™m down :ok_hand:

3500 fresh frozen. I only used 2 cups of W1 to achieve this. but itā€™s a strain that i know well and i grew it. it is a fire strain. I also found a sweet spot on my machine thatā€™s pretty dialed. i donā€™t ever bake any media it wouldnā€™t do much the way i run my material and i still get good results

4 Likes

W1 can also be used for multiple runs (with a slight addition to color each run) saving time taking your column apart and loading back up, or switching pre-loaded columns saves time too beyond the flow rate.

1 Like

How many runs do you get of w1. And what color do you get without crc

Same and i know alot of people thag feel the same.
Summit has all the time to troll now that his customer base dwindles away

4 Likes

We moved away from summit powders early on in the crc thread. They were Over priced and didnt show any beter result than cc powders. Plus they were mostly cc powders anyway. The acroclay was t5 with something else that they developed if i remember correctly.

W1 will out preform t5 and silica in my opinion. Single powder vs 2 powders. W1 is easier to dial in and beter flow. Thus saving time in the long run. And way beter for beginners

7 Likes

Thereā€™s 0% t5 in the ac clay.

Ac clay is a engineered product.

1 Like

So its not not a bentonite blend that you sourced the bentonite from cc. Ok just read the summit description. Cant remember ph of t5. But acro clay sits at 6.5 to 6.7