Bout to try w-1 to replace t-5, silica

, ,

It all depends on what you want to determine how to run it…you want yields and full flavor? Run at room temp. You want clean, clear shatter with amazing clarity? Run cold. Running cold is pretty self explanatory. Running hot requires a lil finnesin for it to get the adsorbents to work good. For example, I run hot and even soak for 5min fully topped off. Then I transfer Into a dewax with di which all it really does is crash a portion of the fats and chill the solution. Chilling the solution from what I’ve seen helps the adsorbents work better than running at room temp through them. The dewax brings the solution down to temp and then I shoot it through with nitro assist. I switched to 6in crc only because this way I can do 4-5 runs into it. I load up in the morning and it lasts me all day basically. Put a shower cap on the top of the crc to distribute the flow and prevent channeling. If possible add a sightglass to help you dial in the tek. This system shows that and works great but the latest upgrades are not fully upgraded on this one yet. It needs a few things I’m working on…

20 Likes

W1 20hrs i ran this yesterday

27 Likes

I wanna ask for a consult from you but i already know the answer lol. I want those j12 stones lol

Slay away

11 Likes

here yo go bud. This run was from my personal garden. run on my machine which i’m hoping can go into production? 2 cups of W1 in a 6x36 column. inject and soak 5 mins. pour and cap at the sweet spot and room temp.

20 Likes

@Waxplug1

5 Likes

Really?
You run powders in your column. Interesting.
Appreciate it!

4 Likes

i’ve been preaching this for a long time but people don’t wanna listen. if you want the exact consult you gotta pay to play but the info i gave you should get you where you need to be. There are a few other subtleties though. Keep grinding and always keep experimenting

21 Likes

That’s so cheap

Anyone tried w-1 with ethanol?

2 Likes

I’ve been following your bread crumbs for a while. Thank you for the sprinklings!

9 Likes

Since it’s acidic I’d be careful and be sure to pH correct after

Where do we get this w-1 stuff anyhow? Is it better than the opaline silica?

From waxplug1. And opaline silica seems useless so yes

2 Likes

Ebay. Type chemtek in search bar and it pops up

2 Likes

You got me about to treat my trim like friend chicken and put it in a bag with powders and shake the shit out of it before loading it into the column. this sounds so fucking messy lol.

@Waxplug1 how much is the w-1 per kg?

1 Like

W1 https://www.gochemtek.com/shop/w1

3 Likes

Dope thx

Expensive stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

Certainly seems worthwhile though

1 Like

My logic is time is money.
If it saves time it saves dry ice which saves money

6 Likes

no prob lol