Blending Solvents

Hey guys,

I have 50lbs of Propane in my jacketed tank and would like to make it a 90% Propane 10% Butane mix. I have roughly 100lbs of 70B/30P mix here as well. How may lbs of 70/30 do I blend into the 100% Propane to make it a 90/10.

I know this is some high school level math involved that I just do not know.

Thank you,
J

I’m gonna guess buy puretane and distill it into the propane in a larger tank… Idk much about self-blending solvents tho. …

50lbs = 100% 10% of that is 5lbs. Add 45lbs propane 5 lbs butane. Lmfao jesus

4 Likes

I don’t have pure butane, I have 70/30, hence, it’s a little more of a complex equation than the one very easily pointed out.

Isobutane / propane / nitrogen*** 85/10/5 is the sweet spot for many. You can always just have your supplier blend for you…

Ur making that a really hard one. Fill ur tank to 60% w propane, then add the rest 70/30. , that’s as close as ur gonna get. Assuming ur only gonna fill to 80% filled on tank.

U basically sound like u wanna run mainly propane w touch butane. If u cant buy what u need then just add the 10-20% of 70/30 to ur pure propane be close enough

2 Likes

I had a feeling there was a simple way to do it. Thanks. That will be perfect

1 Like

Yep you’re exactly right. My local solvent company hasn’t had a 90/10 order yet so it’s a week out, but they can deliver me the propane immediately.

1 Like

It might be easier to buy big tank each both pure. But most places would blend it for u

2 Likes

no need to use math.
you can use a pressure gauge and a thermometer.

check it!

Edit: Doh! you’ll have to graph that data an interpolate. might as well do the math…

4 Likes

try here instead.

1 Like

this means you can always know what blend is in your tank…

6 Likes

Nitrous you say?

2 Likes

Womp womp womp womp womp.

5 Likes

Just an fyi you can make auto grade nos oderless and tasteless with a small column packed with ac… (Dont forget your low pressure prv or you gunna have a bad time)
Shhh dont tell the wooks. Im dropping all sorts of secrets the past couple of days.

3 Likes

XD that’s a hell of an autocorrect lol

1 Like