Bleaching Kief to more gold yellow powder?

Hello someone know anyway to bleach kief without losing weight. I just want to light the color.From green to yellow or if its possible white. I have no worry of losing oil or fat from the kief so any way you have i will take it. I need that for a based to mix with my shatter to make gold hash not black shit. I already try iso 99 and citric acid but its not bleaching enough for my satisfaction.

no‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎

11 Likes

Wash your kief in hydrogen peroxide
12% minimum but 30% works best
Cold preferably then dry out as usuall by air or and dehumidifier make sure no heat over 40C is used for this will darken the kief again

5 Likes

Ok will try that do the color is drasticlty change or its just a little change in the color?

That depends entirely why your kief is colored
Strain , time of harvest , drying process
Etc etc
So hard to say but in general the difrance of before and after is big

2 Likes

you want to chemically alter your kief to make it lighter and then plan to add it into shatter for making a hash?.. why? also, losing oils and fats will in turn cause a loss in weight. the only valuable parts of kief is the present oils. otherwise you could just use straight cellulose

2 Likes

:upside_down_face: treu
At the same time this tech is used to make compliant cbd-a hasj and the only way so far for the main stream
As for thc-a this same tech can be used to achieve a more resinous “piatella” like hasj Wich I only recomend if both the extract and kief are from the same cultivar
And lastly this tech is used often for fraud
Buy cheap eu kief (50-150€/kg)
Buy cheap Canadian shatter (1200$/6kg of kief mix them up and press hasj Wich go s to market at 1800/kg in the EU
Not sure what the reason of OP is thou

2 Likes

Luckily hydrogenperoxide will degrade in 6 hours after the wash to water and
O2 yet it can oxidize certain compounds in the kief that is treu
Althou I have not found any more oxidated compounds on h2o2 washed kief than on sun dried biomass kief
Where uv and O2 have oxidized

3 Likes

Folks extract the cannabinoids from kief using isopropyl alcohol.

Can you explain how you’re mixing kief and iso, and not extracting the cannabinoids?!?

3 Likes

cellulose is safe for smoking? I dont think so haha

yes i have extract the oil from the kief with iso.

Iso is a bad choice
High bp solvent that’s hard to purge
I would recomend an alkane first
Then acetone and lastly an alcohol
Like iso and vacuum purging for sure

1 Like

Could just make rosin and then wash with etoh or just wash with etoh.

Can you give me few alkane choice from the lowest$ to higher. Thanks

Cheapest distill 95 gasoline at a temperature no higher than 72C
This way no benzeen is distilled
Pentane hexane and heptane all work
Heptane works best for your purpuse
Wich is the fraction after 87C if you distill gasoline but it s small and tolueen comes out as well Wich is harder to purge

1 Like

So the question is “how do I get a lighter extract from my kief”?!?

Or is it the actual kief you want lighter?

Search term for lighter iso wash is QWISO, but a quick wash with isopropyl is not generally spoken of in the same sentence as kief.

See: Extracting kief if you’re actually after extracted kief…

1 Like

absolutely. youve never seen the clear papers that look like plastic? thats just cellulose

1 Like

what is your ultimate goal here?

i think they may be idealizing something like “white cotton candy”…

just a guess.

:man_facepalming:t2::clown_face:

If you’re fucking brave enough.