Gasoline ⛽️ as an extraction solvent

Say you were in a country where solvents and equipment were hard to come by, how would you extract?

A colleague brought up good old fashioned unleaded as one, anyone here have thoughts? Is there something more accessible and cleaner than premium grade mixed hydrocarbons?

Edit: also how would one clean up gasoline extracted crude? Distillation obviously but heavy metals remediation via Adsorbants?

1 Like
22 Likes

Dude I swear to god the name of this song popped into my head when I was reading the title of this post.

10 Likes

Maybe separate the ethanol from the gasoline?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.wikihow.com/Remove-Ethanol-from-Gas%3Famp=1

3 Likes

Butane for cooking is cleaned easyiest
Gasoline distillation prior to extraction
Is a good second choice
Making of ethanol the moonshine way third

4 Likes

Distill the gas first. I would rather make moonshine then trying to use distilled gasoline.

6 Likes

Gasoline contains benzene a proven human carcinogen.
I doubt that solvent stripping in a rotovap would remove enough of the benzene that it would be undetectable at ppb levels.
The cartels probably use so called “white gas” or stove fuel in their labs because it is so cheap but it also contains benzene.
I works well since it is a mix of pentane, hexane and heptane but it also contains lots of aromatics.
Don’t even think of using gasoline in any product for human consumption.
Real RSO is made using naptha which is a bad thing too.

3 Likes

whats bad about using naptha, provided you have a good clean source? (not for cannabis but for other things)

1 Like

Was about to say maybe hemp ethanol or make moonshine

2 Likes

The poor farmers beeing extorted by the cartels :weary:
Use gasoline
Getting anything else in those rural areas is tough
Some have rain boots to tramp on the leaves but most do it bare foot
We live in paradise

6 Likes

Why not water & ice? :joy: fuck playing with distilling etho from gas, you’ll never strip all the benzene

7 Likes

Benzene causes cancer and reproductive harm it also naturally occurs in LPG (butane, propane isobutane) and is distilled to non detection for instrument grade product. That’s why refilling cylinders without cleaning is negligent and dangerous. Passing around COA’s that say the gas is clean is misleading. The gas often has detectable levels of benzene after filling into dirty tanks. Suppliers are so quick to show the coa from the refinery and completely ignore the dirty container they just compromised the gas with. Be careful out there.

13 Likes

Naphtha is used to extract dmt

9 Likes

right, I was wondering if there’s any concern with using it for that given @DaKine said it was a bad thing for RSO.

Gasoline is old school. Im not sure how the consumer would take that if it got leaked.

1 Like

There are lots of different grades of naphtha, for example, Ronsol is dirty dirty naphtha. VM&P is better, but, still not ideal as an extraction solvent. Naphtha is essentially a loose fraction of heptane, containing isomers, and potentially some amount of hexane or hexane isomers.

All in all, not the best thing for making drugs… As far as extracting DMT, perhaps a better idea would be doing a food grade extraction (limonene and something less harsh than NaOH) and recrystallizing with a nice clean solvent.

I don’t know anything about that stuff though :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

The best (due to a very low boiling point) is Petroleum Ether. Not really an ether but mix of alkanes (pentane, hexane and heptane) with a very low boiling point. It can be found under a name extraction gasoline. The thing is that currently it’s used as paint thinner so it’s not clean enough to use for something that will be consumed by humas as it will have traces of benzene and toluene.

Another one is Naphtha (hydrocarbons with carbon numbers in the range of C4 to C11) but again, in order to make sure there is no stuff like benzene in it you have to look for a pharma grade.

Last one is Benzinum (gasoline) that can be found in pharmacies. It is used for cleaning the glassware and also for extraction. Good grade benzinum should be a mix of hexane and heptane only.

In reality it is quite hard to source good quality petroleum solvents with ensured content and without unwanted impurities. Stuff found in hardware shops can be used but there is a chance for benzene and toluene in the mix but it will be cheap. Pharma grade stuff is good quality but the price is much higher.

2 Likes

Theres a very specific reason naphtha is used for DMT, I’m pretty sure it’s one of the best solvents for the extraction of it. Thats what the homie who was telling me about it said anyways. He was a BHO guy, he might have been mistaken about why they use it.

I know gasoline is used for cocaine because something like heptane isnt easy to obtain in foreign countries

You definitely dont want to use naphtha for RSO

Dmt you crystallize from my understanding so that’s a purification process which will remove most the naphtha

I was told this was extracted with pentane.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxqIWFSJLuR/?igshid=1u3o3rvefsa9z

7 Likes