Bleaching Earth Clay Experiences Good Results

Started testing this Bleaching Earth bleaching clay, I started putting it in my SPD boiling flask and then adding warm processed/filtered crude right over it. I will say the results are amazing get some strong crystal clear distillate BUT after adding terpenes it seems my carts are losing flavor no matter how much terpenes I add they lose their flavor. I have reason to believe that bleaching clay is causing the distillate to become so neutral its neutralizing the terpenes. Anyone have experience with this.

What’s the odor of your raw distillate like? Any odor will mask your terps

4 Likes

Not clear enough lol
But really. No i haven’t had that issue. I run my terps @ 5-7%

1 Like

I’ve used bleaching earth in the same way and had the terps come through. You aren’t cutting your heads right. It changes the boiling point as opposed to running without them.

1 Like

Theres really no odor at all, when you take a hit gives a small burnt taste but nothing else

Use copper scrubby in head no more burnt taste

4 Likes

What do you mean by that, what temp do you usually get your main fraction on when you use bleaching agent

What bleaching agent do you use, Cbleach?

What’s that exactly?

Go on amazon and search copper scrubby

I’m actually doing this today or tommorow I’ll see if I can post before and after pics of the scrubby

1 Like

Sounds like heads

You aware that bleaching Clays in the bf will give isomerization in 99% of the cases some times more than other but
Yeah

6 Likes

If your not aware of that at this. Point you must live under a rock

4 Likes

Carbon or t5

2 Likes

Bleaching clays gave me less isomerization issues than carbon in the BF. Ymmv though it was only on a 2l

That doesnt really make sense.
What clay? You test everything? Depending on what clay it might have carbon in it.
But pretty much guarantees isomerization

1 Like

O Yes very possible
But what one must realize and this is treu for al natural compounds (Clays)
They are similar but not identical
So one neutral bentonite gives little to none isomerization isseus
And the next (even same brand ) does
I there for recomend using the Clays in the extraction process
Or a Magsil (florisil) pass as distillate
But to be carefull with compounds in the boiling flask if isomerization is not the goal

3 Likes

I haven’t even started dabbling with spd and I know this.

3 Likes

Guess it proves you don t live under. A rock :joy:
But with all respect new members often don t know thats why they come here
And let s be pollite :+1:

5 Likes