Biomass Grinding at various scales?

“By putting a fancontroler on the vacuum blower i can fairly precise adjust what i want to cathc”

The best motor controller I’ve found is a Variac, they’re not recommended for motors, but usually will work just fine if you use one rated for double the wattage of the motor you’re trying to control. Every lab should have a Variac on the shelf, they’re so cheap nowadays get the biggest you can, in the USA a 20 amp 110 volt goes for less than a $100 including shipping (they are heavy!!)

A further advantage of a Variac is it provides about 30% over voting at full turn of the knob, most devices can take the extra juice with little harm or inefficiency drawbacks.

Great thread!!!

4 Likes

Well Yes i atached the garden vacuum (toro) to a big wooden box with a hepa filter on the far end capable of holding 25kg then only being half full
Instead of the bag iT comes with normally
Once all is shreaded
Get iT out of the box and in to the deseeder
Photo is from My proto type
I now run 3 Wich are 1.5 m high and 121 cm wide and 20 cm thick
The material entrance hole is 20 cm diameter and the moter they run on are what we call torin blowers 4500M2 per hour
I have dubble filter cloth to protect the torin
And as skyhighler recomended a variac as controls
And a plexiglass front cover to be able to see Whats gooing on
Start the engine and start shoveling in material with the variac You adjust Some material is denser (heavier) etc
I process 25 kg of. Biomass in 10 min this
Way
Downside to the gardenvacuum iT breaks 15 % of seeds that Will not be removed by the deseeder and Will endup in your end product as hemp oil
In My research that Gives me about a 3% less cannabinoid content in My raw oil
Most seeds are fluf seeds but Some are hemp oil rich seeds :angry::worried:
But this is the fastest way for me to work in bulk
Building a proto type Will cost. No more than a 100 $ and a Home vacuumcleaner works. Also
Aditionaly i have also stacked them on to each other to get more separations going in one run 2 vacuum machines separate controls iT works but for bulk the assembly gets to high for convinience
Good luck

9 Likes

Thank you again. I’m adding this to the project list.

Im sorry, somehow I missed how youre doing your rough grinding/ lump breaking/ destemming

Grinding i use a garden leaf vacuum cleaner that exaust in a hepa filtered box instead of the cloth bag that comes with it

12 Likes

You posted a video of a seed cleaner, not a grinder. I understand the principles behind the seed cleaner, but first you must undergo size reduction no?

or are you saying that you’re pouring dried de-stemmed buds into the seed cleaner and the suction is breaking everything up?

Shredders for DIYers | Bosch DIY ?

just guessing…

2 Likes

Any leads on diy overclocking these things?

I ALWAYS break down my fresh frozen before blasting. We use a industrial kitchen roller. All material is frozen to -82c , than “rolled over” in a vaccum seal bag. Than back into the freezer for 24 hours prior to extracting . My yields are between 5-6% on average.

7 Likes

Are you extracting hemp or cannabis ? What would your yields be if you extracted same material dry?

cannabis. Not sure what the yield would be dry as I have only run those varieties frozen.

1 Like

Anybody tried a Buffalo Chopper? This seems perfect within a scale.

give it a whirl.

I’ve stated why I don’t like fast sharp blades…but your mileage may vary. and you can tune your process to almost any grind your choose to create, so it will absolutely work to increase your productivity.

just not the solution I’m looking for :wink:

On a cascade system, or biomass grinder?

If the biomass you choose to throw in there with your alcohol is fresh frozen, it also makes for a frosty treat…

And since it’s using a canning jar, everybody can make their own special mix.

4 Likes

Looks dilicious :rofl::rofl::rofl: Cream of the crop daikiry

1 Like

Hello All,
We have a Delta Separations extractor. Trying to gather GLG and Future team opinion as to the best commutation tool you have used with success and why. Pros-cons-all opinions welcomed. Thanks in advance!

P.S. we have Fritsch, Hanningfield, and barrel and string style Weed Whipper. Results and overall satisfaction varies widely.

P.S.S.
Trying to grind between 600 to 800 lbs in 10 hour shift.

2 Likes

I saw these in a couple labs and mentioned several times in fb groups. So I picked one up a couple years ago. I put a hopper on top which I think was a brand new 3gal plant pot with the bottom 2inches cut off and gorilla glued on(not pictured but I can take some when I’m at my shop) The collection tote keeps dust to a minimum too. Does 10lbs in about 3minutes. I rarely use it but it works like a charm. Great for crude and it makes getting 5lbs in 4x48 columns possible.

7 Likes