Biomass Grinding at various scales?

Can u post photos from one which u made?

It would be really helpful if you give us a little more than

That is mine. Just doesn’t have the hopper on it in that pic. If you want other pics I’m at the shop now. Let me know what to take

2 Likes

How do you like the fritsch? I’ve seen hammer mills for a forth of the price. Are particle sizes consistent?

If you can take couple more photos ,it will be cool

Also how you like it ? It doesnt beat up much on material ? I am doing mainly ethanol extraction

Have heard nothing but good things about the fritsch. Super consistent. Too bad they don’t make one about 100x the size.

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/CGOLDENWALL-stainless-high-speed-commercial-pulverizer/dp/B00JMEOGM8/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=chinese+medicine+grinder&qid=1558558839&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Chinese medicine grinder works well for me. Turns to powder.

Thanks man, I’d be sick to find one used. What’s your next pick? Wish I could find a nice gentle crush.

Yeah Frittsch prides their 420 model on that particular scale. Its a beautiful knife mill, and that little dust collector is adorable.

material consistency comes out a little courser than machine trim. I just continualsy feed it slowly so it doesn’t build up and sit and mulch inside the machine like a blender.

It does the job and for the price you’ll have a shit eating grin on your face.

Uploading: IMG_20190521_195935.jpg… olp

8 Likes

Are they all phase 3?

that method works well to make tissue cultures into a liquid , I liked it because it allows you to essentially autoclave the blending vessel full of h20 and have a sterile blending vessel complete with sterile h20 ready to make myco milkshakes from an agar plate of isolated mycelium.

1 Like

This thing is a beast

Back in the day I made sauerkraut by the drum, pumped through barrels like nobodies busines

I just use this

3 Likes

looks like a solid solution. Thank you for sharing it.

I can imagine it needs a solvent wash on a regular basis.

the cutting blade looks like the one we should have purchased for the pelican.

2 Likes

If you only have single phase at your facility you can solve that with a couple of different solutions, VFD is the best one (because you can slow down or speed up the motor) or using a Phase Perfect or a rotary or static phase converter to generate the 3rd leg of power. Lots of people do this to run industrial equipment like mills, lathes and CNC equipment on residential 220-240V service (myself included)

3 Likes

Talked with these guys today at Concentration. Looks like a really good hammer mill system. We’re almost certainly buying one. $8900 US for 2500lb/hr milling.

2 Likes

Ive just fed six 55 gal drums through this thing and it just keeps going- no cleaning needed so far.

2 Likes