BioHarvest Sciences 12x more potent Cannabis

This company makes a lot of noise but hasn’t produced any kind of concrete evidence as to how, or if, this concept works. I’m pretty firm on it being total bs.

2 Likes

0.30 cent stock… hmm
i’ve been burned on all my canni stocks so far.

4 Likes

It looks like cereal or candy… just add fire.

This is older tech being applied to cannabis. Been waiting on this. Paclitaxel was one of the first uses.

I’d love to see it under a microscope. Are these just ginormous trichomes?

3 Likes

massive trichomes?!? YUM.

Bit of a difference in claims - Bioharvest claims to be able to grow the entire trichome - tissues and all - in reactor whereas Paclitaxel involves an extremely complex biosynthesis…

These are both whole cell cultures with the intent of harvesting secondary metabolites of the cells.

Granted this is producing multiple secondary metabolites.

(527) Cannabis Without the Plant - History in the Making - YouTube

Here is their explainer video w/ horrible music

1 Like

mmmmmmmmm terpcorn

2 Likes

12x more potent that 30% thc?

Can someone explain that math to me?

5 Likes

i see the 12x more potent, but don’t see the ‘–than 30% thc’, can i ask where you found that?

i wonder if they get there by comparing THC per gram in their ‘trichrome kernels’ vs. THC per gram of a WHOLE cannabis plant, stems/stalks/leaves included (vs. just THC per gram in the buds themselves)

We can haz “30% flower”.
So that is MY bar for “potent”

in order to be “12x more potent”, requires placing the bar for “potent” below 8%

Even whole plant can be had at better than that.

so their claims are at a minimum “inflated”.

7 Likes

Paclitaxel…im only interested in the middle part.

4 Likes

Here is a data sheet of claim. Wtf is Source Hemp Plant Flower really… Maybe pre reactor comparison or something shady.

Interesting non the less

4 Likes

12x more potent than low potency Hemp? What a discovery!

Nothing to see here folks.

1 Like

because we have gone down this road more than once…

3 Likes

I seen an article on this like 2 years ago and said well there goes the need for farmers and producers

If this is true they have figured put a way to take product a and make it stronger with a more scientific method correct?

This tech is why learning cannabis tissue culture is on my bucket list.

I’ve cultured mammalian cells. Shouldn’t be too hard.

2 Likes

plants are way easier to achieve pluripotent/totipotent cultures from. you can get some of them to come back from single protoplasts (that’s how we used to get DNA in there once upon a time).

3 Likes