BHO/PHO vs. Rosin

Bet the stuff is too dry to DUMP yields. All the stuff in CO dispos is dry, fire but super dry. I live there too.

2 Likes

What is the unit youā€™re talking about? But yes personal only

Would turning it into hash first change that

Yeah, you know I was thinking that the really high quality rosin probably comes from pressing bubble hash. But then youā€™d need a lot of bubble hash.

1 Like

Well Iā€™m only doing personal so I guess itā€™s about finding out what kind of yeilds come from bubble hash and then compare. And Iā€™ve been noticing that too, I think that super fire rosin is made from hash

Yep, they make rosin from bubble hash all the timeā€¦ Thereā€™s even people bubble hashing fresh frozen buds to make ā€˜liveā€™ bubble hash and then pressing thatā€¦ Olio makes some suuuuper fire hash rosin.
Bubble hash does not have great yields either, howeverā€¦ At least compared to hydrocarbon solvent.

2 Likes

What kind of yields? Does it make it plausible to do hash over the dry product I have

Totally, the yields on bubble hash are rather sad, so thatā€™s why I and a lot of other people avoid it completely. But itā€™s a nice product for sure, I miss the stuff. lmao

2 Likes

From what Iā€™ve seen, ~10%

1 Like

Always an advocate for DIY - so long as you have the patience for itā€¦

If you end up deciding to pursue that route - organic, no till cultivation is my suggestion

2 Likes

Damn yeah seems like thatā€™s what Iā€™m hearing but I wonder if that is lower than the 15%-20ish Iā€™m looking at for the weed alone

I am no expert on rosin/bubble hash and the yieldsā€¦ Also, starting material probably determines 90% of your yield lol.
But I would think, given the same starting material, bubble hashing yields a little lower than a rosin press wouldā€¦ Someone please correct me if Iā€™m wrongā€¦
Most people now are only making bubble hash to be pressed into rosin or for personal use. Itā€™s not efficient

2 Likes

The terpier and more oily your starting material, the better the rosin, thatā€™s fosho!

3 Likes

If I were going for rosin, Iā€™d try to find a well cured, sticky oily buds to crush. Otherwise, the dry stuff is great for hydrocarbon, ethanol and ice water. Like I was saying before, i could only find super dry stuff in the CO dispos so Iā€™m curious to see how that would effect yield of rosin. I would assume that it would lower it, because although the product is potent it may not have enough oils to make the amount of hash you want.

Oh okay that makes sense, any recommendations for how much product I need to make a significant amount of hash? Like a few plants worth or a lot more?

What type of lights would you be growing under?

Thatā€™s all to be figured out as well , I was planning on buying this ā€œstandard growā€ box off the internet that can hold like 6 plants 640 watt

Iā€™m more of a fan of just throwing up a 4x4 tent and watering by hand, my plants in pots of coco/perlite. Got them under 315w CMH with 600w supplemental LED. Yielded 1.44lb last round, but Iā€™m expecting more this next round and future rounds thereafter. Someone told me about VEG+BLOOM nutrients, itā€™s a one part and apparently it DUMPS brother. They said 3lbs a 600w. Hella anecdotal, I have yet to personally see it. I currently use Cogoā€™s Original Plant Food.

How many plants did you grow and how does indoor vs outdoor effect yields

Outdoor is probably better for a larger production setting. Indoor is probably better for personal high quality headstash. I had 8 plants in there, 3 in 3 gal and 5 in 2 gal. Most of them yielded 3oz+, but a few only yielded 2oz.