Best way to pack hash rosin into gram jars?

Hey everyone im pretty
New to the rosin scene and we are adding a line of 1g jars to our brand sku lineup right now.
I am curious what the most efficient way to pack rosin pucks is to make them look nice(no residue on sides of jars etc from scraping off with a tool)

Ive heard its good to roll out a snake/log in parchment and freeze it then cut into pieces or work it into balls(not sure how true this is)

If anyone can shoot me some insight or any tools/equipment that is ideal to have it would be greatly appreciated thank you

2 Likes

No a rosin guy, but my understanding of the terminology was that the “puck” was that which stayed between the plates/in the bag?

1 Like

Usually the puck is only for flower rosin, hash (at least I) scoop directly into the press bag and give it a no heat light press to normalize psi in the bag. Hard to keep hash in a puck because when you press it hash in a puck it’ll just spread out to fit whatever volume you’re pressing in and lose product

But honestly - theres no trick to it except doing it over and over and over. Usually if you’re keeping it in a unrefrigerated area it’ll vulcan mind meld itself into the bigger piece if you’ve gotta add a bit to make weight. Heat guns help too if you need it to be spotless

2 Likes

For packaging I prefer to use a hot knife on its lowest setting in a room that’s 55-60° that way your material can stay playable at room temp. But you can manage to mold it into a shape of your choice by hand if need be. I usually drop in a jar off the knife and then press with parchment and gloves hands to fill jar out

puffco hot knife?

sorry by puck i just mean like the 1-2g jar of rosin some people call them pucks

1 Like

Putting 2+ grams in the jar is the best way to make it look good :shushing_face:

3 Likes

Either puffco, or carta, or the swordfish they all three work well. You can always get cheaper versions of amazing that are 510 threaded too.

If the goal is actual grams…

2 Likes

Goal is to make it look similar to this, obviously more in the middle

Heat.

you think this type of look is from dropping with hot knife?

Nope heat after its in the jar. It melts and pools up.

Like i said before - heat gun. Just by the pic i can tell it was scraped onto one side then heated til everything settled at the bottom.

6 Likes

thanks g

1 Like