Best vessel for LLE

Yeah! Absolutely so far it’s been great. The bottom valve isn’t the best thing in the world. I find it swells in process sometimes (which seems a little problematic) I would guess the alkanes set it off a bit? After skimming through multiple chemical compatibility charts, I’ve seen a couple that say “good” instead of excellent. So that might be it.

Overall. For a 30L reactor for $140. I really can’t complain too much though.

3 Likes

gonna get one! seems like an essential item for the panda scale people

1 Like

A glass-lined jacketed steel reactor😎

1 Like

how do you know if the glass cracks?

X-ray? I don’t know…

I got one of these
https://spikebrewing.com/products/cf10?variant=5939235521&sfdr_ptcid=28579_4_392798004&sfdr_hash=e7199016b5b7cafce93eb3e938288242&campaignid=1725213048&adgroupid=74420506304&network=g&keyword=&adposition=&gclid=Cj0KCQjwy6T1BRDXARIsAIqCTXqcSdQBH1Trpx8x50E9TMAhXKhQbfrXf6iEXYTbFFTKm2iHN2jmSmYaAhG9EALw_wcB

Im going to replace the thermometer port with a sight glass and just pour in exactly that much water each time, when the sight glass shows seperation, then ill dump and repeat. Also putting a sight glass on the bottom to know when to stop pouring out the water.
I got two fermentausurs and couldnt get either to seal completly on the bottom. I would test by filling it with a gallon of heptane and leaving it overnight. The seal would swell and then eventually leak

3 Likes

This works pretty well for about $300 for 60 liters. Bonus points: all ptfe and fkm

Damn i just boughta fermantasaurus :frowning:

Is it old or new model u used? - but this means it not solvent comparable with the materials?

Yes not with alkanes unfortunately…maybe you can modify it?

I use my china reactor every week… for the last 3 years… great and simple… he the stir around 150Rpms max for safety… and stir up slow… im extra gentle… dont want anything happening to 50L of material…

2 Likes

Uhhh use a mixer settler

This one is sort of sexy

I brought up the CINC systems in the past hut I feel that plungers would be better for this purpose.

Let me ride that donkey donkey

5 Likes

that sucks damn. my budget is so messed up already, and stretched it to afford that fermantasarus i was recommended. now i only have my 2l sep funnel. no money for Another option.

@anon42519203 you got a link on those?

Just use a bucket and learn how to siphon like a boss with a hand pump or something

1 Like

You should be able to replace any seals with a better material like Viton. The seal source always made me custom seals in any size or shape I wanted.

2 Likes

Will have to look into the seals. dont have it near me so cant check how it is arranged.

ya must be my last solution. :persevere: just a bit hard to not leave a good amount behind. but must clean up in the 2litre sep

1 Like

Exactly do your bulk cut in bucket and clean up in the 2 L

1 Like

Occasionally I would have to begin kegging my beer by laying on the floor with the end of a length of tubing in my mouth…

Never owned one, but I’ve seen a siphon design for sale that you use by simply blowing into one part. (It has a hepa filter…)

https://www.amazon.com/TRDP14-Siphon-Manual-Liquid-Transfer/dp/B00APU2YLI

Obviously the $100 stainless steel one from uline is preferred

1 Like

I second