Best Place To Buy n-Butane or N-propane

Looking for recommendations on where to buy n-Butane or n-Propane.
Not looking for private sellers since this is for research purposes. Only retailers where this can be purchased on a repeat basis. Thanks in advance for the information!

1 Like

Throwing out a rough location like state you are in might get a gas guy to bite. Benzene in gas thread is a good place to look around too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I live in Oregon and I found the benzene thread. Eeek.

2 Likes

Welcome to the future @LydiaDeetz! I’d be happy to get you whatever you need from our team at Solvent Direct. We can supply your lab with high quality solvents, filtration media, dry ice, liquid nitrogen, and other products, all on one truck.

What kind of research are you doing? Feel free to reach out to me any time here in the dm’s or my email, bigm@solventdirect.com for any questions you may have. Looking forward to watching you grow along with the rest of the wonderful people here at future4200!

2 Likes

Please share a little more information to allow suppliers to offer exactly what you’re looking for.

1. The industry standard for odorless high -purity hydrocarbons is 99.5% purity. Is that acceptable or do you need higher purity for your research?

2. Will you be using the gases in vapor or liquid phase?

3. You mentioned this is an ongoing requirement. Please advise what size containers you prefer. Else, let us know how much of each will you typically use each month and we can make recommendations.

4. Do you need any special valves, fittings or such to be able to connect to your equipment? (Pressure regulator, flow meter, Swagelok fitting, etc).

5. Finally, are there any other gases you need for your lab; UHP helium, argon or nitrogen?

With that information, I’m sure you’ll get good responses.

Cheers,. Jim

1 Like

Avoid solvent direct. Just follow a few of the posts from other sales reps, and you’ll see what reptiles they are. They are pretty much despised on this forum for how they derail thread after thread.

Gas Guy and Gas Logix… just about ANY other company is better regarded than Solvent Direct.

They can shove that dirty coffee cup up their ass.

4 Likes

Who’s only using extraction solvents in the vapor phase? Honest question. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Not everyone uses these gases to pull oil. Lydia said the gases are being used for research purposes. The questions were legit, no?

3 Likes

I appreciate your honest input @anon88836658. I believe in Solvent Direct’s vision of improving the gas supply industry as a whole, while helping customers get what they need to keep their business running. That’s the reason I joined up with them, and I am committed to helping us all level up together, while helping to improve the business operation and customer relations of Solvent Direct.

You don’t have to buy anything from us if you don’t want to, but I’m always ready to talk to anyone and help however I can. Have a great day everyone!

@GasGuy-QEG brings up some excellent points. Couldn’t have said it better myself.

3 Likes

Just wanna chime in and say your presence on their behalf is a tremendous improvement

4 Likes

I can agree with PDXcanna. If only you represented solvent direct, my opinion wouldn’t be nearly as negative. You seem much more human.

2 Likes