Benzene in KUSH SUPPLY / KUSH CO / GREENLANE / GAS INNOVATIONS / DIVERSIFIED

I’m not sure what the East Coast remark meant and my only comment on the large purple Instagram dildo is that I wish I hadn’t hit the link.

Right now all botanical extraction rules and regs fall to the processors and the final product, protecting the consumer. Supply lines are not monitored or controlled to any degree. Though there are few expert suppliers or consumers in this industry. There is huge variance between actual and perceived value / quality yet few on either side can properly interpret test results. IMO, until a governing body forces standards and testing rules and regulations on the supply line, there will be no standards.

We’ve yet made @Sidco_Cat s preferred vendor list, but I’m hoping we’ll meet in Vegas and work through that issue as well. Might even open a bar tab to that effect.

1 Like

That’s all from my relationships. I just know that if I had to lean on a vendor to deal with this, that’s who I’d want to lean on.

6 Likes

You are always posting OT idiot posts in threads they are not wanted in. Your like an attention seeker. Go spend time in the EC where you belong will ya. Your part of the reason this place has gone downhill.

5 Likes

You can always try my inbox if you got a problem @Baked-All-Day

I have benefited from this thread. You want to be a positivity cheer leader you should start first with a mirror…

1 Like

Another failed test in WA. Prax this time. :pensive:

9 Likes

Texas be like :+1:

Praxair? Assuming.

1 Like

Damn. And the reporting limit is higher up here than I like

4 Likes

Yeah it hasn’t been pretty man.

Has anyone made an infographic of the different supply chains? I saw the placemats sketch. Has it been formalized?

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MBURX_NUS_1&f=M

@GasLogix-Adam @GasGuy-QEG @SolventDirect_BigM

what does it mean when refinery production runs in the negatives?

the recent rend of importing butane from Canada the past few years is also interesting

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MBUIM_NUS-NCA_1&f=M

3 Likes

Good question. Here’s what I found. It’s from the glossary on the same site as your links, eia.gov. Looks like there may be some good info hidden in that site.

Refinery production: Petroleum products produced at a refinery or blending plant. Published production of these products equals refinery production minus refinery input. Negative production will occur when the amount of a product produced during the month is less than the amount that is reprocessed (input) or reclassified to become another product during the same month. Refinery production of unfinished oils and motor and aviation gasoline blending components appear on a net basis under refinery input.

4 Likes

Lot of information. I’m not familiar with all the ins and outs of crude processing. Like BigM referenced, when the numbers are negative the industry is bringing in more butane than they are selling.

The graph shows that the industry goes n-but negative during winter months. Gasoline is peppered with n-butane through the winter. I suspect that’s where the butane is going.

3 Likes

I have been using solvent direct for years now. Never had any issues. Definitely the cleanest gas by far after distilling and never had chalky diamonds like some you have. :person_shrugging:t4: The chalk honestly sounds to me like a post processing issue. It’s been a while since I’ve been on this form I’m gonna jump into that discussion next but from the few people I have talked to and from what I have been able to gather from them it does sounds to my like a post processing issue over anything else.

7 Likes

Have any of you guys tried using sorbents to clean gas and then distilled to confirm it cleaned it?

5 Likes

Are you still ever going to come up to primo? If you are before it’s too late I’ll show you that it’s not post processing. There’s something in there causing it. There’s very little and it leaves with heat, most of the time. You have gotten the odd structures and you’ve seen them disappear, as well. I can get around them now, but it puts a stick in the wheel for a few days before I can get my jar to where I want it.

And primo popped for benzene, they’ve been using Praxair, too

8 Likes

I got ‘em switched over last week. Not that that fixes it but just so you know what to expect.

3 Likes

I saw Chino post that actually ya. Their other guy was telling me about the benzene popping up the other day.

4 Likes

I haven’t seen this chalk issue either just the weird shapes. I could get some of the chalked up ones under a SEM to look for more clues if you got some left over

10 Likes

Have you harvested the odd shapes yet

1 Like

IMO this whole issue is based on hearsay and incomplete/inconsistent information.

I feel you on the frustration about this issue, I have had it too, but you all have seriously jumped the gun by blaming the gas companies for this without having proper evidence.

It doesn’t help that now all the gas companies smell blood in the water and are jockeying to be the golden boy who rises up and gets your business.

To me it’s incredible that you all are getting this hyped up, including talking about suing (LOL) and planning a media event around this issue without a single one of you actually getting your gas tested independently and on it’s own.

Do you not see the huge gap in logic between making hash, then testing hash and then blaming gas suppliers for what’s found in the hash without an independent test of the gas on its own?

I believe butane/propane and benzene are very easy to separate via distillation. This is dead easy for the gas suppliers to do and I generally believe they are not sending out benzene contaminated gas.

The issue with THCgas/Cortland from awhile back with the garlic smell is a completely different issue. I’m sure on occasion other things have happened as well.

I don’t think co distillation is an issue. You guys are giving that too much credit here. The BPs of these compounds are very far apart. I am not finding any evidence of azeotropes forming with butane and benzene either.

Doing your own controlled distillation before adding gas to your system would be very effective at removing any minor residual benzene from butane/propane if there were any.

I agree with Phil’s statements below although I believe the incoming gas will be found to be mostly clean once you guys actually start testing it:

4 Likes