Best oil viscosity for carts

Is there in information on the best viscosity for carts with 1.5mm openings? Can’t find any information on the web.

Cyclo, what’s the best viscosity for certs? Lol

5 Likes

If said measurements existed, what units would be helpful to you?

How would you measure the viscosity of your product?!? Search results for 'Measure viscosity' - Future4200

By which I mean, you’re probably gonna have to ‘xperiment… Viscometer?

3 Likes

Centipoise!

2 Likes

Indeed…and if @Lenny can’t measure in those units?

If he adds those units to his search queries?

Uses those units when enquiring of his equipment suppliers?!?

Actually measuring the viscosity,and adjusting it, perhaps over a range of temps, or just a summer/winter mix like with diesel, before filling carts or choosing cart aperture size is absolutely the correct way to approach the problem from an engineering stand point.

Or you could just fill some carts and figure it out…which gets you there with or without units/measuring devices. The viscosity measuring stirs plates linked in one of those threads seem like a decent approach for @Lenny’s scale if I’m not hallucinating.

4 Likes

Y’all coulda fixed that title for @Lenny

Get a cart with bigger holes and don’t cut it. Problem solved

5 Likes

I’m thinking 50-75 cps would be ideal. Have to cut because material is solid. But I’m looking for a website that shows ideal viscosity for cert hole size

1 Like

And on that note any recommendations on a affordable (sub $300) viscometer?

Please use cannabinoids or cannabis derived terps to cut. If not, id advise you to sit and spin

3 Likes

Of course using unflavored hemp based terpenes. I like the flavor of the distillate as is but tired of using a dab rig. I want to use the min amount of terps to be able to use it in a vape.

1 Like

That stuff is kind of weird. I would buy some butane extracted cbda/cbd like the peach stuff I think @AshevilleExtracts has. Then just mix with your disty and fill carts

1 Like

Why do you think it’s weird. I really don’t want to change the taste the disty has a awesome terpene profile already just wanna make it vapeable

distillate has no terpene profile if it was made properly

9 Likes

Really I haven’t come across any disty that didn’t have some terps. So your saying EVERY kg of disty I’ve ever bought was improperly made ??

5char

If I dont remove the terpenes, I can’t pull a good vac

4 Likes

If it has terps and they were in any kind of way pleasant they were added back after the disty was made.

8 Likes

Correct

4 Likes

So find a cart it works in?!?
As per @Dr.stanky

Me thinks you need to re-evaluate that number. ‘Cause that’s corn syrup range…

2 Likes

Yes sir, that is correct. And as @that445guy said, if they tasted good they were certainly added post distillation

4 Likes