Best lightbulbs? (Box of bulbs

Just a quick question for ya… I was able to upgrade my lights from t5s this year… got a grip of hps lights… that also came with a massive box of bulbs. Just wondering if you can recommend which one of these bulbs I should use for veg. I mean I know the difference between veg and flowering light, but it seems I have various ones of each. I did my light research for the most part, but distinguishing the best type of bulb out of the box is something I can’t decide. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I used Sunmasters quite a bit until the stores here were selling Hortilux for $1 over cost.

PROTIP: Get a light meter to make sure they are still efficient. The output degrades rapidly after 3-4 cycles.

8 Likes

thanks! I will browse for the boxes that may look unused and do as you suggested… Ive seen iphone apps that have light meter apps… is that a hustle or is that fairly accurate? So sunmaster cool deluxe it is, pending any strong arguements haha… there are so many fuckin bulbs in here

And I guess while I’m at it… any thoughts on dimming the lights for the first few days and increasing to 1000w over time? I’m getting my clones this week and transplanting into 3g pots. Lights are fairly high off the ground, and just wondering if 1000w off the bat can/will fry them

Dimming is an awful feature that drastically reduces the life of the lamp. It’s only suitable if you have short-term heat problems.

I would keep the hoods 4-5 feet off the babies until you see if it is stressing them out. Again, a light meter would help in this situation.

Thanks! Lights will certainly be about 6’ off the babies

I did everything after sprouting seeds under a MH last year. Haha

Just give them some room at first. Like you are doing…

2 Likes

Use the MH to veg, and HPS to bloom. I had amazing results vegging under 1,000W MH… I’m currently vegging under a HPS, and it’s just not vegging as vigorously as they under the MH

3 Likes

I agree :+1::100::clap:

1 Like

Perfect. Agtonik was nice enough to reply to a direct message. I was thrown off by the size/shape difference of the mh veg bulb and all the others I had that were way longer and thinner.

These are what I’m going to use for my veg lights

3 Likes

The blue will keep them tighter. :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Thanks boys and girls. I used a mix of the blue ice and blue deluxe.

3 Likes

Insolate that metal door unless you want mold issues. It will rain condensation, unless u have this in a warehouse.

4 Likes

the container is not fully outdoors… but great observation, and thank you for the advice! :slight_smile: That could save someone a headache if they ever come across this browsing for knowledge

2 Likes

Upgrade your lights. Single ended bulbs are not it.

White bulbs for veg
Orange bulbs for flower.
Use new ones first.

Upgrades not an option… It’s where I’m at, and an upgrade from last year

2 Likes

He’s right what you have sucks. But will 100% work to get you to the next mile stone.

I’m talking about the lighting only

3 Likes

Lol I still use single ended bulbs. And kill it frankly. But de’s are unquestionably better. I’m just a cheap fuck

2 Likes

Last year I had t5s and had great success if you’ve followed a few of my posts about my grow. This year I acquired all of these lights for free… badabing, upgrade unlocked.

I understand that my setup is not ideal, or close, but that’s what it is :slight_smile: so I’m navigating with what I have and making the best of it as always.

5 Likes

Oh I feel yah dude. This is still a great setup. I have personally had a similar room in a shipping container.

3 Likes