Best lightbulbs? (Box of bulbs

What does the put your at per bulb? Cost Fir distribution is typically customer dependent. Curious if I could help the community source cheaper lamps.

It’s hard to try other brands when every store is selling Horti 1k HPS’s @$50 a pop as a loss leader.

1 Like

I am thinking of a horti superblue, its 130 bux but i remember it working great in veg and flower. I really dont like the footprint on my lec 630 Horti 1 k can cover the same space as 2 630 lec and do a better job. Easier to move if I have to also, i hate the internal ballasts on those fuckers. I guess ill learn how to post pics to sell them on craigslist.

de’s? i just bought a bunch of the ceramic hps de 1k for alot more then that. maybe i should checkerboard? r/n im going all ceramic hps next rounds… @Medicine.grower you still all about em’?

1 Like

So far so good, I find they are on par with quality from my cmh but with more penetration. So yield is better.

2 Likes

I run 120 v and do have gavita de but I don think the ceramics are approved on that setup yet. Id like to try it but run them at the 600 watt setting- its summer. Im sure they dont work well at lower than 1k too.

Buy the 600 bulbs to run at 600. Buy 1k to run at 1k

3 Likes

I agree, can gavitas actually do that with the 1k switchable? I got these things im probably never gonna use. i gotta get on craiglist and sell all my old shit now that im switched to led. I rented a par meter but forgot to hook up the gavita de to test. ill bet its close to the leds. Single ended hps was weak even with a new bulb. lec was weak, but the par on led was great. I grew 20 years under hps and led with co2 is crushing it. It could maybe be old ballasts? I didnt test with my digital ballast. par meter came at the worst time. I forget the exat numbers but 3 led boards in a tent was over 1000 in the corners and up to 2000 if I move it close in the center- needs co2 to use those levels of light.

Gavita is on there list of ballasts that are compatible.

1 Like

its gavita 240 unless they updated it Did a thumpe cop google that in 10 seconds/ no Ive researched because i wanna try the new bulb i used a cmh on my single ended ballasts and liked it alot but phillips stopped selling the 400 watt cmh in like 2006. I think the plan was to sell it to grocery stores to make food look more vibrant but they stopped producing the bulbs. a guy has ac de hoods on my local craigslist= I need to sell my old lec and non ac de to afford it.

On topic- a par meter is worth the money= some of those bulbs are prolly used and weak and the par meter will pay for itself vs running with dud bulbs.