Best industrial chiller for large scale hydrocarbon extraction

What are people using to cool large scale butane/propane extraction nowadays?

Huber is too expensive
I like the ones that come with the Luna i/o
Dimplex seems good
chilling with the solvent is cool
I like what Tom from Bohgart had going on a few years back with cascading one refrigerant over another using walk in freezer parts.

Any Ideas?

1 Like

While I agree that the chiller we have on our IO is more than sufficient right now (we’ll see about summer), the actual build quality left a lot to be desired

3 Likes

Cuz china

nope. misassembled right here in the US of A

failure to read the Syltherm manual would be ONE cause.
not actually giving enough fucks may well have been another.

see: Has anyone here had experience with the precision ASE100 FFE? - #55 by thesk8nmidget

5 Likes

The one I saw still smelled like eggrolls

Bzb has one in his warehouse they bought and won’t sell due to quality.

I think @cbdeeznutz is talking about luna’s standard chillers which are Chinese units which seem to be pretty reliable from what i have heard.

Our chillers are designed for the larger luna extraction systems so we wont really know how they hold up until were running a bigger load and its summer time.

5 Likes

The one I used was pretty sweet, the water tower did leak a bunch and it eventually diluted out the glycol and created an ice bullet that destroyed the pump. Long wait to get the replacement pump from China.

2 Likes

Delta t systems has the best prices and quality imo

1 Like

“Cooling capacity ranges from 1.0 to 300.0 tons. Set point ranges from -10°F (-23°C) to 100°F (38°C).”

I couldnt find anything under -10F

1 Like

You have to call them they can build custom ultra low units

1 Like

pricing ballparrk?

I’ve been pretty happy with the G&D chillers I’ve used.

2 Likes

anything lower than -20c?

-40C or -80C chiller can be used for butane/propane extraction.Pls check the video.
May I ask the volume with your BHO extraction?

You can definitely do some work with not such a big chiller. This is a “green” heat x I made coming from my expansion chamber going to my collections. Look how the lines are frosty going into the heat x, but yet it’s warm coming out. That cross over effect. This is on my 20 lb system. Works great. I could run this whole system efficiently on probably a FP90 or something similar.

1 Like

not into these small imported chillers

looking for industrial solutions

Did you get a water cooling tower? Gonna be hot af in the lab for sure. The Leneya or whatever will struggle when it gets hot fs

1 Like

No, I have different air cooled chillers outside. The lab will stay cold, i have a 6 ton ac unit for our room that houses the lunas.

4 Likes

may I ask how many liters chiller do you need?300L 500L 1000L is enough?