Best Hydrocarbon System 2023

How much do you want for the old Luna? I’m very interested.

1 Like

Let’s do it!

The best place would be our facility in Tacoma, WA. We can show you our build process, go over the various options we offer, do live runs on hemp in our c1d1 and design your ideal system together.

5 Likes

Sweet, I’ll be in touch. I got your email.

1 Like

Awesome, looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Asking our partner of that site, I’ll dm you details soon.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Extractionguy losing his cool

bzb it is

i already knew this but just seeing if something new and better was out

Now Cryodax or ???

1 Like

Cryodax kicks ass for sub -30°C KW per $ spent.

Huber is right next to is but prices are pain in the ass as is maintenance. Their service team is better than cryodax is though. I have 2 techs on 24 hr call for the sites I am managing. Can’t say the same about Cryodax.

MTA is great for bulk KW power per $ spent at 7°C output flow. Best for recovery coils or watercooling a huber/cryodax.

You could also cool a Huber or Cryodax water loop with an evaporative/cooling tower as well. Just make sure you have an ACTUAL engineer calculate your BTU loads. If you’re on a budget. Not best for subzero climates, unless you want to add heaters and heat tape. Shorter maintenance cycle periods (more maintenance for cooling towers) to clean the membranes and reservoir every few months if you’re in a dirty climate.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve either seen grossly undersized or oversized water cooling solutions :sweat_smile: embarrassing to those who set those guys up.

2 Likes

Let me address this in a respectful manner

I don’t hate anything and I’m glad you are happy with something and it works for you.

I have worked for and designed equipment for more extraction equipment companies than any other human on this planet. I think about this type of equipment alot either what exists or what could. When I criticize the design of something that’s all it is, a person with background giving his opinion.

And you know what they say opinions.

I have ran the Luna and I think it’s a great concept. If you got that concept to work better for you than I did that probably says something about your patience and commitment. I’m a cunt and if something doesn’t work for me I throw tantrums.

The people that own the company are top notch and the support I received was as well.

I still have ptsd from the meetings with my boss about why yields were so low and I still remember the names he called me and accusations he lobbed when I suggested maybe it was the machine he bought without consulting me. It was very stressful.

The other issue is the same issue I have with all of the less than professional companies with their untested stuff, the unit was sold as a completely finished product that had tons of research and development put into it and it was a ready to run tank that only needed gaskets replaced. Since I had the second one they made this was far from the case and it added tons of free work and forced r&d on my part to make the bosses purchase operate.

I think there is promise on this design and maybe with all the things you guys have tweaked on yours it runs like a dream.

I’m gonna go with a bzb

3 Likes

Let’s not get carried away, nothing in cannabis extraction is new

4 Likes

Too much uninsulated space on the material columns for my taste as well. The crown isn’t the end of the world, I guess, but the cones on the bottom of the columns being uninsulated is just too obvious of an oversight to forgive

1 Like

And the insulation is “meh” at best. The bottom reducer should just be a jacketed extention, with a flat bottom. And the columns are too large of a diameter for having ⅜ lines in and out for liquid transfer. Fluid dynamics is something to be researched by these guys.

And yes, @BizzybeeTeam equipment all day. And twice while you weren’t looking. Boris will always be Boris. But, that equipment is the best out there, I wouldn’t run much else

6 Likes

Yo dred, what’s your preference on cooling the jackets on bz?

Hi, actual engineer here. Although I agree that cooling towers are a fantastic solution for rejecting heat—I won’t recommend them for most facilities because of how sensitive and emotional they are.

You look at a cooling tower the wrong way and you’re gonna have a bad week lol

Just my $0.02

10 Likes

:joy: fun guy to get dinner and a drink with but don’t you dare insinuate you might know more than him about anything…you’ll wake the dragon :dragon_face:

7 Likes

Not to mention sensitivity to outside temperature swings…

6 Likes

I’ve been getting paid to design extraction equipment since 2013

lots of new stuff in that time

lots of new stuff recently:
Using solvent to chill instead of chillers
using industrial chillers as opposed to scientific
industry moving to passive
improved crc designs with holding tanks to heat solution
industry moving to process piping
ul developing extraction specific codes
equipment to overcome gas contamination
centrifugal separation
novel terpene extraction methods

1 Like

Depending on scale. If you’re still small and haven’t grown into doing a run an hour or two. Lc02 is extremely effective for that. But, if you have larger production requirements, a chiller is best. Having to wait for the equipment and solvent to chill each morning takes too long. Especially in that time I could have done a run. And depending on the chiller, that one extra run could have paid for it in less than a month.

7 Likes

If illuminated extractors is not your first fucking choice, then I promise you shouldn’t follow with your second! Illuminated Extractors are the people setting the bar! Fucking get right and act right?

4 Likes