Best Hydrocarbon System 2023

What Is the best Hydrocarbon Extraction Machine as of today and going forward?

BZB
Precision
NB Oler
Other?

1 Like

Illuminated Extractors
Bzb

3 Likes

tell me more about the normal sized illuminated @Zack_illuminated @IlluminatedExtractor

price
throuhput
glg discount

1 Like

Is this extraction guy again?

5 Likes

Youre going to pay a similar price for a fully loaded system with chillers and heaters as you will on a turn key e4k turbo max which self heats and chills.

Illuminated extractors doesn’t use super expensive cooling and heating systems and has c1d1 booths for sale. Basically a one stop shop to set up. Novel designs are good for districts with strict solvent MAQ.

5 Likes

what is the price and throughput?

@Pupparoo is gonna let me use his MoTM GLG discount because i gave him a handjob

9 Likes

Pretty good deal. Just one handy?

6 Likes

Avoid precision like the clap

13 Likes

old stuff sure

new stuff is bzb knockoff

It depends on what your goal is… you want low labor costs then none of these are IMO a good option as they dont offer automation and you are required to have a person turning valves all day EVERY day. and then support people helping prep,pack and disassemble and load the new bags into that system.

If you wanna avoid that you need to add a luna technologies system in the mix. We have one person run the machine and its about an hour or two a day of actual work when the other 80% of the time the system is running itself unattended.

I love the illuminated extractor system and the tech they bring to the table but its truly not for the faint of heart, I had Zack walk me through a run at the GLG party and it would take a well trained operator that truly understands in depth how a close loop system works. You aren’t going to take a green tech and have him trained on the system in short time. its going to be a big learning curve and what happens when your main tech calls in sick or worse quits and you dont have another competent operator?

The Luna can take a first time extractor and have him pumping out consistent extracts all day with an hour of training. No tools needed to swap bags, no worn out triclamp nuts to wear out on your material columns. 5 minutes to pack a bag and 2 minutes to swap the material out for a new run.

16 Likes

Throughput is dependant on SOP. Are you soaking or passing, at 5:1 or 10:1 or more? The systems are rated more to solvent recovery and return time. Let me see if I can find the info.

1 Like

@johnbigoilco has expressed concerns over these systems

for that price tag they should be flawless but sadly they are not

automation is nice

this is 300k installed

20 lbs an hour

6 Likes

Doubtful… throughput claims are always bs. Just start by imagine packing the throughput claim. Shit it’s gonna take me 20min to pack 20lbs.

7 Likes

Yeah years ago he had a luna , things change rapidly in this industry.

Meanwhile you share a 300k nobler system that isn’t automated and complain about a costs but j can bet there are plenty of issues to be complained about on that system.

How much does it cost to employ a capable operator to run that 300k system? I bet it’s more than the cost difference to buy the luna.

5 Likes

100k to keep someone.

4 Likes

I’d probably hang about for that.

5 Likes

This system is 240k installed turnkey package including an XP vacuum pump. The chart shows how much solvent the system can move based on hydrocarbon/blend. It also removes around 80% of the electrical operating costs as it does not use an ancillary heater or expensive chiller to reach -60°C. 5 days of onsite training are included.

Happy to jump on a phone call to discuss in greater detail.

11 Likes

which means the luna ends up costing less after a year than the comparable 300k system.

I have a 1st gen Luna if anyone wants one of those too :sweat_smile:
@johnbigoilco’s old unit.

I’d recommend a bizzy for the ease of use.

I have E4k Turbo Max on order for a clients site, but already wished I just got them a Bizzy as it will be hard to keep an educated operator on site to run the E4K.

3 Likes