Best homogenization tool for infused butter

Hey all, looking at purchasing a homogenization machine to help emulsify my butter. We are using 355ml of butter and roughly 3g of distillate per batch. What is the best and most cost effective machine out there to make sure the butter is properly emulsified?

Is it for sale in legal shops?

If not, Use this.

That’s a very small batch size, to be using a homogenizer.

Yes this is used for legal medicinal and recreational sale

Then I suggest you scale up the amt you make in a batch. You know, butter can be frozen for years. This would save you a good amt of time making it and money having all those legal batches tested.

4 Likes

What would you say is the best way to homogenize larger batches of butter than?

1 Like

I’m putting a butter SOP together currently. But to answer your question, a simple crockpot (with good temp control) with a stick blender and magnetic stirrer hot plate with a 200ml beaker. I know a few folks would frown on the stick blender, but it will work just fine for what your asking it to do.

We make cosmetics, our hand salves are made up of different butters…same as your scenario…we mix up 100 units in a batch @ 2oz each unit. We are scaling up this process and the crockpot stick blender is not going to cut anymore…We have quite a few test that prove this low volume method.

Heat up a little butter in the beaker, mix in distillate, stirring bar, mix in to crockpot that already has the rest of the butter heated…go to town with the stick blender…cool in butter molds…keep what you need for the month or week in the refrigerator and freez the rest.

7 Likes

Listen to @MillerliteRN I’ve tried his products and they’re all top notch!

5 Likes

what state are you out of? I’d love to try out some of your stuff.

We are out of Texas, we dont handle THC products.
Almost all our products can have THC added, when that’s an ok thing.

2 Likes

Not sure where you’re located, but I’d check on the regulations of using butter (or any other dairy products) inside of your recreational edibles. Depending on state, using dairy products can be outright banned, and I believe nationwide using dairy makes your products fall into a different category of regulation.

i would think a homogenizer would whip up butter?