Best dehumidifier bang for buck?

Looking at this $899 any other options out there 292 pints per day? Prefer something with a better pump then gravity drain, other then that seems to check off my boxes

2 Likes

Idk shit about dehumidifiers but I’m here for this convo as I’m interested as well.

3 Likes

Funny you’d rather go with a pump. I’d rather go with a gravity drain. I just ordered this guy

It’s not a best bang for the buck kind of thing though, I simply want solid reliable equipment.

This big mama is going into my 6000 watt flower room at home

6 Likes

Everybody knows Quest. I came here to say Anden is fantastic. They are more expensive, but their components are quality and overbuilt.

I’m also trying a 232 pint mobile Colzer commercial unit. It’s great to be able to switch rooms if the ambient humidity causes problems.

8 Likes

Portable or stationary?

I rock 3x 71 pint hisense deheuy. All have the pump function, I only use gravity drain. Saves on power usage.

3 Likes

I’m gonna order a couple of those colzers too I think…

1 Like

I was mistaken. I thought my gravity drain wasn’t working well. Guess it was because lower temp, humidity they just run less efficient doesnt get levels it says it will

2 Likes

Thinking the same thing. I guess it’s only hold back is not being 240 v. Uses shit ton of amps. If I could find 290 pints, at 240 v, at $900 it would kill

5 Likes

Good point @Patsykilledtony

2 Likes

1900w @ 120v… 16.375 amps, It’ll need its own dedicated 20 amp circuit, but 143 PPD AHAM is nice for 900 bucks

I usually score Fantech or Global Industries type 250ppd / 125ppd aham used locally for 300-400 bucks. i have 2 units now, looking to buy more lol.

5 Likes

@Patsykilledtony
@AgTonik

Was looking into some new dehus for the room and came up on the same company/the manufacturer -Inofia- any word on how they work? Don’t really see much products with a 4.9 rating over 50 reviews but these seem to be loved by consumers…who may not grow weed lol.

Found a 160 pint for 700. Would love to run that sucker instead of a quest 4-5x it’s price as reliable and good as they are.

@square_root_pharms can I ask how many lights you got going to that 143PPD?

3 Likes

I’m running an anden 710ppd now. I was using like 4 150ppd portables in an 18 light room

8 Likes

I saw a Quest that had fallen 10 feet in the air that was still running perfectly. They had to use a pop rivet and rubber mallet to get it into relatively the same shape, but it was still chugging.

I haven’t seen Inofia. I haven’t been doing site visits as much with COVID. I’ll definitely look into them.

6 Likes

I forgot to to back and change my post. Ended up cancelling my order when I saw numbers they advertise are bs. It’s literally only doing those numbers when the humidity is sky high, at lower humidity it’s snail pace. Better off going for anden or something else 240v

4 Likes

This is in regards to Inofia?

The most important time to have proper dehumidification is when the lights go off. The plants exhale and the humidity spikes.

4 Likes

The colzer brand I was asking about at the beginning of this thread. No sure about inofia. I thought the lights turning off the humidity spike came from the huge drop in temperature, air being able to hold significantly less moisture.

2 Likes

You’re probably right why it happens. I was just watching the stats on rooms, so it was an anecdotal assumption.

2 Likes

Probably combination of both lol .

1 Like

My hvac guy strongly recommends the andens over the quest, on paper the quest is more efficient but I think if you do some digging the ratings are exaggerated. Also the anden has better warranty.

5 Likes