Best cutting agent for the carts

No, this stuff works amazing IMO. We switched over our whole process when we found this …
The guys over at Mr Terps gave us some pointers and this is what we found was best. FYI we are making 5000 plus carts a week to give context …
75% dist
15% hemp cutt ex
5% hemp cutt
5% terps
we mix the terps with hemp cutt at 40 c first … we then add about half our dist into the mix then hemp cutt ex with the rest of the dist…
super thick mix that does not mute the terps and flows perfect in carts.

1 Like

How about HogWash?

5 Likes

@Defender what is hogwash… i am new here so please pardon my lack of understanding terms…

i personally take @Audra advice and only cut my cartridges with mineral oil. If it works for true terpenes it works for me! My time on this earth is limited anyways; why not smoke mineral oil and finish it out with no lungs

8 Likes

Theres a company True Terpenes that pulled some bullshit with their extract dilutent. True Terpenes, New thread - #185 by Defender Most of us are anti dilutant .

3 Likes

and just so the original thread still is searchable…here is the beginning of the shit storm.

6 Likes

Great Read Thanks …

1 Like

I spend the extra money for the best carts I can find. It seems there are a lot of people selling junk now

2 Likes

Ive got liters for 7 in New England (just saying)

5 Likes

I like the idea of cutting with delta8 for less potency and more medical benefits for beginners. I mean even delta8 carts would be of great value medicinally

4 Likes

As someone who works in the cartridge industry this is a really sad topic to hear. I myself am still learning about the health benefits/threats of various dilutents so I cannot comment on that. But the idea that so many different oil qualities use such similar cartridges as delivery systems really blurs the market and ultimately helps to confuse the customer as to where the quality truly lies.

Someone in this thread said “packaging is so important” and it’s 100% true. We always push buyers to understand the level of testing we put into the metals-side of the cartridge process (heavy metal testing on the cartridge, heavy metal testing on oil that sits in the cartridge for 30 days, etc.) and it’s so sad when so little is done on the oil testing side. Especially when it comes to black market products and brands (Dank, Exotic, Mario, etc.) the ability to buy rip-off packaging and source similar-style cartridges to complete your “brand look” is really frightening when the most important part, the oil, is the most dramatically effected.

I know the black market exists, and that is serves a large majority of the USA’s cannabis economy at the moment, but as someone who sells cartridges, reading stores like “8 men in hospital for vaping poison oil” really sucks and shines a negative light on what is well-regulated ancillary industry (for the most part - I can’t comment on smaller factories with <$1 cartridge prices selling into states that don’t require testing)

Just my 2cents

1 Like

Do u know what type of cutting agent? I need to stop using PEG to cut my refined oil for vapes. Need a new agent. Other ideas?

Floraplex uses terpenes for nearly everything. I’m not sure they will actually say what it is. They ahve 2 types of cuts not I believe; a thick cut and a cut that will thin out the oil, i believe that one is all terps.

3 Likes

Ignorant question, what is the difference between the “uber thick terpene dilutent” and the “terpene dilutent”?

1 Like

@ceebeedee i think the difference is uber thick uses not just terpenes and is much thicker … when the other terpene dilutent is just a near odorless and flavorless blend of terpenes …

1 Like

They also have an all terpene cut that’s meant to thin the oil. 3 diluents total.

1 Like

@ToOmUcH
There is no common terpenes alone n pure that are that thick. My father was a chemist for 40+ years and we have been trying to figure that out. I personally use hemp CuTT ex from www.hempcutt.com it works great and has some hemp derived ingredients.
I tried others like clear cut, honey cut, Uber thick and I ended up like help CuTT the best.

1 Like

Anybody have some good receipes for Uber thick , terps, distillate

Trust me if it was choice I wouldn’t be using a cut at all it’s just the people. They would prefer a better price then better quality
No more than 15-20% cut :frowning:

1 Like

Here are 3 dist/cut/terp
85/5/10
80/10/10
70/20/10

3 Likes

Could I do same ratios with Mct? C8 only