Best crc powders?

I’m using b80 currently, I love the color remediation aspect, flavor has been great, but it seems to be kinda sticky and won’t “harden” or stable. I do a room temp extraction, 95 degree F recovery bath, then into my vac oven at 110. Any tips?

1 Like

Run colder solvent. If you’re running room temp you’re pulling all sorts of extra lipids and waxes which is probably what’s causing your instability more than the B80.

Think if I ran through an injection coil it would help? I’ll give it a shot

1 Like

Lol, do you just mix it in for that?

100%. Dry ice and alcohol slurry.

There’s other ways to skin that cat, but that will probably be your best bet.

That’s because b80 is natural. You need an acidic media to make more stable extracts. You see this while crystallizing as well. B80 runs take longer to crystallize. When you use an acidic media it crystallizes overnight. I would suggest B81 if you’re already satisfied with B80 results. B81 is oil dris first level of acidic media. Perform6000 is the most acidic media anywhere meaning it will be stabler but less terps. The levels of activation of the media go up starting from B81(low) supreme55(medium) perform6000(high)

3 Likes

Not trying to refute you, obviously you’re the media pro, but for data’s sake; I’ll say that all of my B80 runs crash 75-95% overnight at room temp. 1-2 days in the oven finishes the crash.

8 Likes

Even w1 if not dried properly,or not running cold enough or ur crc warming up or to much oil ran through the same powders can cause a dark extract

Seems 125gram i can get 4oz oil through it w just clear light golden extract… anything after its like no powders was used

I found a dash of AC on my b80 helped a lot.

2 Likes

can anyone tell me why my crc chamber is trapping all my thc and im getting almost no final product ( went from 25-28 grams down to .5 grams , no typo . im using silica on top , activated alumina in the middle , and activated bentonite clay on the bottom … ran it three times so far all with the same results , butane comes threw just fine but no / barely any shatter makes it past the crc … please help

You weren’t running enough hydrocarbon through your material. When you just do an extraction without a CRC column A good rule of thumb is 3-5 lb per pound of material, with crc you want about 7.5-10

2 Likes

Please pay…

2 Likes

5 Likes

hansel , pay for what ?

1 Like

thanks for the tip newchop, going to run some more butane threw my remediation chamber and hopefully that will help pull it out , from what ive been hearing im assuming its stuck in my silica, going to use more burtane in the future and way less silica

Is be wary of using too much alumina too. There have been reports of it reducing yields as well.

1 Like

Yeah I ran the same material for a while and when I used more silica then I would normally I lost some yield

I only use b 80 and crash out overnight you just have to bake it

3 Likes

4 Likes

Start at 95 degrees in your vac oven if there is no action go hotter it’s material dependent but with crc slabs I stay between 95-110 the less stable will be fine purging at 95 but the more stable stuff will have to go hotter around 110

3 Likes