Best crc media for clear color and max yeild

Hey all , running a x10 by precision wondering whats the best crc media for clear color while maintaining max yeild . And I’m running 70/30 butane to propane mix chilled at -70 5lb columns

1 Like

There are many blends that will benefit you but please give these folks a holler

@Dred_pirate
@Waxplug1

6 Likes

Running that cold, unless the biomass is crap, you can get white/clear with just B80.

If it’s not decent material, adding in T5 and silica 60 will get you pretty pure white/clear but yields go way down.

13 Likes

Ac clay and silica 60 is the champion mix right now winning every competition.

7 Likes

B80 also risks spiking tests with heavy metals and other contamination. B80 is ground pulled her age sold cheap with risk with use.

3 Likes

So far, in my experience, even material that had some concentration of heavy metals has shown ND to <LOQ on all of the extracts.

Not saying you’re wrong, but, in my case, it has remediated heavy metals.

9 Likes

Who all is rocking this? What has it won? Not saying you are wrong, just interested…

W1 or b80 ftw Imo

5 Likes

We have alot of customers who compete in those fields. If you call me or stop by I can show you images of their work. I just don’t Wana be naming private people on here. if you think those work well, then stop by for a sample of each and watch how well a ac clay and silica blend works. It will blow your mind. Removes all color and doesn’t affect terps. Will bump up potency too.

Try it. It will blow your mind.

6 Likes

I will have to give it a shot. Appreciate the info!

Unfortunately I’m not near you guys or else I would take you up on that offer…

@spdking quit spewing lies out the side of your neck

We all know silica and ac rob yield. Silica 60 is not even the right size to use

18 Likes

@Jlocoo408
Send me a dm where to send u a sample pack of multiple clays for you to try yourself

The thruth is there is no one best clay. Its more dependent on the material. I can get clear with w1 on some while in some scenarios its supreme55 that works and not w1. Vice versa.

Its best to do a small batch to test which clay is best for that material. The size of your crc play a role as well.

8 Likes

When removing heavy metals as a mass, all clays perform equally - what you have to remember is b80 is just ground pulled. It is not treated. It is not handled or sieved. It is not directly associated with lab work in the professional fields. Because it is ground pulled and of questionable sources you do get clean batches, and then you get spuratic batches of dirty portions. I have alot of customers who walk in the door looking for remediation supplies who have had this happen. It’s not a mystery. You can follow the evidence. Ac clay is a prepared and balanced media that has super high efficiency with amazing results. All media weather clay or Silica has a base “slag” left over, it absolutely doesn’t matter that the media is or who it comes from. Basically say in a tube you lose 4 grams in it every run. It doesn’t change with anything else. That’s called your volume base that has remained as slag in the column. Silica 60 is also dirt cheap but basically has a “sterile” effect with higher flow and remediation abilities (not just pesti) and therefore it’s chromatography style of agressive effect is benefited with the use of ac clay because when you blend then you get the best of both worlds. Also let column run it is cheaper and more effective than anything out there. Literally. Try it. I can send you a sample.

3 Likes

Where do you get your info from?

10 Likes

I don’t know. Some of the best concentrates I’ve ever tried have been made with a silica base.

I think b80 works great for cheap material.

Of all the crc concentrates I’ve smoked. I prefer 2:1 silica/T5 mix from some of my boys to really almost any extract I’ve tried from any dispensary or company.

My 2 cents… i think I sell enough adsorbents to have a say. Lol

This is strictly from a taste and COA standpoint. I think im smoking super gas right now!

10 Likes

All the clays have silica in them

13 Likes

you know this neanderthal dont know science… Ive only learnt from trial and error. i have a bunch of b80 made sugar here. its ok. @qma says it tastes great… He loves the taste. Me… I think all b80 has a limonene heavy taste. Is it high TAC?? Yes but are the tones the same over many strains… yes, its super hard to tell any strain from one another once its been crced with b80. I have at least 5x different b80 sample. all difference colors. All taste identical in my eyes.

I have some silica/t5 sauce that when it says wedding cake…it tastes like it. same with the other extracts made from those people.

11 Likes

I strictly use b80. Occasionally I use a smidgen, smidgen of silica in a 2:1 mix. Over a 2:1 B80 to b80/silica mix. So, if I used 90g of media (total) maybe 10g would be silica.

And I’m almost out of likes again. FFS

22 Likes

my favorite extracts right now are made with the ratio i said above. Its not clear or whie. Its yellow. But its got terpene tones that are just delightful.

12 Likes

You haven’t had mine in ages :man_shrugging:t4:. I won’t use T5.

8 Likes

last was in vegas…its was one of my favorites of the trip. The permafrost boys had that gas.

im just happy people are still using the powders… sold 2.5 tons on tuesday alone. Geez! :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

my back!

From selling it in ziplock bags i vac sealed to 2.5 tons in a day…love u all!!!

13 Likes