Best Auto Filler, Capper and Filling Solutions

Filling nirvana!!! We recently went form hand fill to a Shark ( BIG Mistake!! what a waste on so many levels) and finally upgrading to the EZ 1800 form EZ Grow Systems in AZ. They aren’t the cheapest, but the damn thing actually fills to with in .01 grams. We were over-filling by about 50k and some under too. It has preheat temperature control at the well and the filling needle. They claim 1,800 per hour, but we make thick crud and ours is around 1,700ish. It will also do syringes, CBD bottles and dabs. NOT a one trick pony! Great guys over there (Bob & Bill)… They know cartridges and worked to help us with our leak issues. We changed to their cartridges… They will come out to your location and set up the machine and teach your guys how to run it. They are also a domestic supplier of cartridges and ship from AZ… They will help you even if you’re somewhat new… Auto-filler link
Hope this helps…
cbdrain

1 Like

awesome. aren’t vape carts a wee bit controversial in AZ right now?

I have a lot of experience with a lot of filling machines. We swear by ygreen. They have great customer service and I know steven who is on of the owners. I also have the 710 shark which was a huge mistake. The first thing that’s important to note is that all of these companies over state what their machines can do convectium grossly overstates what the shark can do and it’s borderline fraud. The shark is not good for distillate that isn’t heavily cut and the air pressure is an absoutle joke. It never accurately fills and will seize up on you. We gutted the machine and made it better by adding hydraulics to it and we can now crank out 600-1000 per hour. We are limited by the trays and also the amount you can put in the heating basin. If a needle breaks it is a bitch to change out so you have to wait until a few more needles break to make sense taking the machine apart. When buying the machine it was all "yes , yes , yes, no problems here works really well with thich oils " that was cpeltel bullshit and before we changed everything out we were getting maybe 100 an hour maybe 200. The thing is if it over flows the whole tray with 100 holes needs to be clean or else all carts after will be sticky. This is hugely labor intensive. It is also very costly is there is any errors such as dispensing the oil at the wrong time or the power going over and the machine emptying all the needles (that happened to us once and we lost 100ml in about 5 seconds , no fun) Now that we got the modified shark up and running we had to figure out a solution for the capping. I have to say I really like Thompson Duke. The have a screwing machine that isn’t on their website but if you call they will tell you about it. The cusotmer service is on point , they overnighted the machine as soon as the money orders arrived which was amazing as alot of companies hold until theomey orders are cashed. I also like the fact they have built these machines in the us and know them like the back of their hand. I have used multiple machines but have not used any single shot like the acf1 although i do belive it makes a lot of sense and if you go noon their Instagram you can see how quick it fills. This machine doesn’t cap though and that is very labor intensive. But if you get their capping machine that will help.

With YGreen I’m a little bias as they are my sole cart provider and I have an excellent relationship with them. We got their first machine that fills and caps 600 per hour however we did have a good amount of issues at the start but they flew steven one of the owners in the company to celebrate out and fix it. They don’t have distillate in China and hadn’t worked with that consistency before so they needed to adjust some heating requirements so the oil would flow. While it can achieve 600 per hour it’s unrelasitc consistently as you have to change out the oil , changes out your finsihed carts , take breaks. We also prefer to do smaller runs to get more flavors. So we basically do 4 flavors and do 1600 capped every day with 1 man working an 8 hour shift with a 1 hour break. That machine cost 30k however I do belive adjustments have been made to it and it’s now more expensive. They hfe a new and improved machine that they say will do 1000 per hour capped and has many of the upgrades we suggested to them. We will have number 1 or 2 of that machine and will report back once we get it up and running. I have had issues with clogging with the SCO but apart from that their carts are excellent.

3 Likes

So I have been filling Carts for a while now I use the nc10 screw on cartridge. I use a Thompson and duke with a 90% distillate 10% terps I had a couple parts made to help cap it used to take me 20-30 minutes to cap a tray of 100 as of now it takes me 4 minutes and 40 seconds to fill and cap 100 cartridges and these are screw on. It took a while to get this down and two custom parts made from a machinest but now 3000 is a short day. And this is me working alone it’s faster when I have a helper capping.

8 Likes

any photos of your set up?

I can send you a video if you would like. This has saved me days of work and money. I hand filled for a long time and used the Thompson and duke capper. There filler is great I love it but the capper didn’t save me enough time. Send me a message with your email.

2 Likes

I was looking at their catalogue just the other day. Did you get the automatic or semi-auto?

We purchased a thompson and duke after looking at all of the machines and talking to everyone in person at MjBizCon. Works phenomenal just need to figure out a way to cap faster. They told me they are working on a machine for press on tips and can press 100+ (full tray) at a time

We went with the semi auto for now for 2 reasons. 1- At the time you had to swap all your pens into their tray and would of taken forever (have since changed this and can just run the foam they come in). 2- The fully auto version requires them coming out and setting it up for you at your location.

1 Like

how much was the semi auto

Man I can help you out I have 3 Thompson and dukes my problem was I was filling way faster then capping that problem is now solved. To fill one tray of 100 is taking a little over two minutes capping is taking a little under two minutes I timed myself yesterday 4 minutes 40 seconds to fill and cap 100 carts. This has changed my world for sure! No more paying two people to cap for hours at a time.!!!

2 Likes

@ Redsky702, which machine are you using. the fully automatic one. also what was the cost for both filling and capping machines

7k or so vs 25k iirc

I’m using 3 of the semi automatic Thompson and dukes I like them better then the fully auto. And as far as capping I had to get a couple parts hand made by a machinest I did have the Thompson and duke capper but it now sits in the corner it was to slow. The filler I paid 8000 for and really it works better then my old filler that was 18k

4 Likes

tell us about these cappers!

2 Likes

Thanks bro I really appreciate your reply

So the cappers I had custom made hard to explain but if you send me your email I can show you how it works. So for me there are two parts to capping first setting each cap on top of each cartridge neck tightening each cap/mouthpiece I have two tools one that puts all 100 caps on at once and the next tool fastens the cap it’s about 1 second per cart

3 Likes

On Instagram check out @cartridge_tech there is a short video of the method that I use hope it helps guys. It has helped me a lot!

3 Likes

Where could we source the couple of tools you used for capping?

wow great video! would save our life, we are drowning trying to fill orders.Please let us know how to get those tools